China problem for property market?

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by einentiva, 29th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

Its good to hear the comments of the Chinese community, they have been missing up till now from this conversation... :)

Cousinit, icic and MTR like this.
  2. Someguy

Someguy Well-Known Member

gman65 likes this.
  3. Cousinit

Cousinit Well-Known Member

WOW, just took the time to read this.
    Pretty heavy listening indeed.

larrylarry likes this.
  4. balwoges

Have also taken the time to watch and listen to this video, now we have some idea of how important Hong Kong is to the Chinese mainland and why they are so anxious to dominate it years before the UK/China agreement ends, it's the dollar!
    So, China's elite stash the American dollar and print the RMB for the people therefore eventually making the RMB worthless? ... :eek:

Last edited: 3rd Jul, 2020
    larrylarry likes this.
  5. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Well-Known Member

China problem for property market? ...

I think I'd rather be poor than have Australia be a slave to another country. We can grow crops, we have a lot of sunlight for energy, we print our own toilet paper. I don't see why we "need" China. The passing the parcel model of growth is not sustainable anyway, the sooner that system breaks, the better it is for the longterm.

codeninja, C-mac and AlphabetSoup like this.
  6. Cousinit

Did you ever see "The china hustle" on net flix?

Nothing really surprises me including the outbreak of war.

Pretty chilling really.

C-mac likes this.
  7. Antoni0

Antoni0 Well-Known Member

8. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

What like Africa? I think they grow crops and have lots of sunlight too.

Jmillar likes this.
  9. Omnidragon

Haha that video is a pretty simplistic view I think ... hk is not very important for China.

Some of these comments assume the people at the top of the Chinese leader is dumber than a dog, which I think is the prevailing view in the west. It’s almost like assuming that anyone that doesn’t operate under the western system must be actively trying very hard to sabotage their own society. Somehow all the gdp and wealth numbers suggest otherwise.

Why would they make the rmb worthless? So they can get a revolution on their hands?

10. balwoges

You surely cant believe that in the light of what's happening in HK at the moment ... :rolleyes:

11. Omnidragon

Sorry, what exactly is happening? There are people waving British colonial or American flags calling for permanent segregation from the country and they're being arrested. There are also people (in fact two days ago) who took out a machette and sliced flesh off a young police's arm, and the perpetrator has been arrested and will be charged.

Would it be better for China to let the segregationists continue to wave the American flag and ask the American army to invade (yep all factual stuff)?

12. Cousinit

You are obviously pro China!

balwoges likes this.
  13. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

Can't lump them in altogether. Not all the people doing this are engaging in violence against the police. Being arrested and being shifted off to some God forsaken prison on the mainland is a terrifying situation given what we know about the CCP's absolute disdain for human rights.

14. AndyPandy

Africa is a continent with each country having its own set of issues. Here in Australia we have a good culture that is far less corrupt and is built on fairness, equality on the foundation of democracy. This is why you choose to be here instead of China. These are exactly the things that we don't want the CCP to erode. We still live in a country where the government works for the people and is accountable to the people. No amount of inflated property prices will get that back for us once it's lost.

Cousinit and ALT like this.
  15. Omnidragon

Because they’ve done a good job lifting hundreds of millions of people out of poverty in a shorter period than industrial revolution, that’s all. Also I don’t condone people on iPhone 10s and PS5s tearing down their own government. Same as people trying to tear down Washington’s or Lincoln’s statute- maybe you think that’s ok.

16. Omnidragon

There’s a whole host of reasons I or anyone is here, but I think it’d be too presumptuous to suggest those are key reasons. In fact I’d be in China or Hk now if not for this lockdown to be honest. I just happen to be stuck here. My lifestyle consists of living a few months in different places to begin with and has been for a few years already.

17. Omnidragon

The people not engaging in outright violence and openly inviting the American army are not being siphoned off to some “god forsaken prison”

18. Blueshoes99

Blueshoes99 Well-Known Member

This convo is getting pretty political.

Australia is a great country, obviously we have our problems but I consider it better than America or the UK.

If we have people coming to this country on what ever status, they need to be the best people who are non-violent and contribute to our society. Even if the the Hong Kong protesters want to come to Australia, they better not have been one of the people who destroyed close to $66 million dollars of public property. I don’t want no violent criminals here. It is blunt but as a law a binding citizen, this is the absolute basis on who should be allowed to come into this country. I will not look upon any reasoning for justification. If you’ve destroyed property for a political agenda then you deserve to go to jail and be prosecuted accordingly.

Whether China is going to treat the arrested protesters fairly, I can’t comment but if China has made the national security law a law then that is their law. Australia, America and the UK all have national security based laws. Each to their own. I am not a citizen of those later countries and I don’t have enough information to make judgments on but I know Australia takes this domestic based law seriously.

In regards to human rights in China, this is an extremely touchy subject but Australia has had its fair share of being on the wrong side of this topic with Aboriginals and the white Australia policy. Having read about and seen so so so many videos of systematic racism against blacks in America, I feel ashamed and disgusted with their treatment. I don’t know what is fair and just when it comes to human rights issues around the world and I don’t know how the world will move on with what’s happened over the last couple of months in America. I know I want the world to do better and be better. China is a very complicated country and it does need to do better in terms of human rights but I am not the right person to be saying to them what is the right approach. I have lived in privilege and therefore I am biased in my perspective and opinions.

Australia needs to think about our future and if our focus is on job creation for Australians then let’s us use China to our advantage. China has a 1.4 billion people market so let’s engage the Chinese and force China to make it easier for aussies to start businesses in in China. Let’s use them to our advantage and build Australia! Let’s be smart and not let emotions take over with our economic decision making.

Last edited: 4th Jul, 2020
    Someguy, Cousinit, Player and 3 others like this.
  19. Omnidragon

Correct. Very level headed. Too many people here love judging other countries’ laws and systems through biased lenses, often about places they know nothing about or have no connection to (probably never been to).

And the media doesn’t like to report that some of these guys were running around the street with sewerage drains in the hands and smashing other law abiding citizens in the head. I’ll happily post a link if people can stomach it. Western govts want to take such people in? Good luck.

Someguy, Iamnumber5 and MTR like this.
  20. AndyPandy

@Blueshoes99 the fact that we're here worrying about the economic effect of China not liking us is saying something about how we've put our eggs in the wrong basket.

CCP is outright bullying Australia right now with tariffs on things just because Australia asked to an enquiry into CV. Why would any Australian be ok with that?

No problem with them enforcing their laws on their people, in their country. Just don't trying to influence Australian politics.

Cousinit likes this.