Cheap Beachfront Property

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by MTR, 29th May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

My Beach House faces the sand dunes. I can't see the water but I can hear it when I am lying in bed. I am close to two beaches a surf beach and a safe swimming beach at Cape Woolamai, Phillip Island. I bought it 3 years ago and just love running away to there. Now that I am retired I get a lot of use from it. Christmas, Easter etc., when the hordes arrive, we can hide as most tourists go into Cowes, etc. My niece lives close by, her and her family let their house out as a holiday rental at $2500 a week and go away for their holiday!!

ellejay likes this.
  2. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Being married to a mountain junkie I definitely want a beach retreat. It'll be Q/land or NZ just as soon as I can hustle the money. Looking for remoteness and ocean views...

3. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

Those dog ugly shacks would have been selling for $600+ before 2009.
    So $400 is a relative bargain really.

Blocks are selling up that way for about $150 nowadays I think.

Blacky

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

My old Madora Bay beach shack bank valued in 2007 at $600,000 today it would be worth around $400,000 today, ocean views, not beach front, but one street back.
    Perhaps you can buy beachfront shack in this area for $600,000 not looked lately?

MTR:)

5. alicudi

alicudi Well-Known Member

Hi

How many weeks of the year can they get $2,500 per week rental as holiday accommodation, and how many bedrooms does the house have?

Regards,

alicudi

6. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

They live there so only let it during Christmas school holidays when they take their children away camping. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and 2 living areas. It is very close to the beach.

alicudi likes this.
  7. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Sounds more like a moniker for Eagle Bay

LifesGood likes this.
  8. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Eagle Bay....had a home swap there once. Followed by dinner on the owner's yacht. Absolutely beautiful place, love that coast. Yanchep probaby just as stunning beach without the price tag? I don't know, haven't been through for years.

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

10. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

You can buy a renovated shack for $700k beachfront. We bought our house (one house back, great ocean views and not exactly a shack) for less than this. You can buy an unrenovated dump beachfront for about $600k. Just have to wait for them to come up.
    Some people still in 2006 in their pricing - asbestos shack across from us was for sale by owner, asking $990k!!

11. Toon

Toon Well-Known Member

ellejay and MTR like this.
  12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, they are dreaming at $990K, congratulations on a great purchase.

13. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Not quite beachfront but if you're lucky, you can pick up a waterfront/bayfront 2x2x2 apartment for about $1mill 15 kms from Sydney CBD

yaralla bay.jpg

Kevvy7, Toon, MTR and 1 other person like this.
  14. peastman

peastman Well-Known Member

15. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

16. random

random Well-Known Member

Yeah been watchng that too. Americas seems like a bloody amazing place in what they have. , not only in property, everything.
    We must be really doing a lot of big things wrong here.
    All those people, yet oodles of beach property, cheaper than our way out suburbs.
    Our coast is around the country, only 25milln,yet you'd have to go to the moon to find beach houses at those prices.
    yet all those people and still, so much to choose from, great towns, even cities, yet at those prices .
    They somehow manage to keep their incredible wildlife, 1000'sof pristine national parks yet oodles of building timber and they use real stuff too like the UK , not the crap we have to buy. Plenty of power,plenty of water.
    Get what l'm saying , yet we're damn near out of everything supposedly, soon we'll probably even be out of koalas and wombats.
    We;re suppose to be short of water , power , forests, timber and def' short of beach property, which in itslef is crazy really.

UK , same . Tiny what , big as tassie or something, 100million people l think , yet they use timbers and still have plenty of it 3 and 4 times as heavy as the skinny garbage we use, real timber, beautiful 8x8, 12 x12, beams, staircases , door jambs the lot.
    But they too have oodles of just beautiful country small acreage lifestyle and coast property at the price of our suburban rubbish.

Last edited: 28th Aug, 2017
    ellejay and MTR like this.
  17. random

random Well-Known Member

18. Bonz

Bonz Well-Known Member

You can get a beach shack in Kwinana for $40-60k. Pretty basic but your on the beach and you didn't need to deal with traffic for three to four hours each way to get there. Only down side you have a bit of industry to deal with. Just like going to Bonnie doone:)

19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Cheap as chips

20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying, there is also NZ awesome and cheap as chips