NSW Central Coast sea change suburbs for PPOR?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by safeashouses, 19th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. safeashouses

safeashouses New Member

Looking to move from Sydney in the next 2-4 years so starting my research early. I know nothing about the central coast but I would like a waterfront if possible in a decent area with not too much extra travel time to Sydney. Budget would be about 1.2m. Can anyone with local knowledge suggest a suburb and where not to buy? Thanks in advance

2. jgorbs

jgorbs Member

Woy Woy/Tascott/Point Clare areas are in good proximity to the M1 and train lines

Saratoga/Davistown if public transport doesn't matter too much (a little more upmarket)

Kilcare/Wagstaffe - just very nice areas. Good luck getting into this market (probably at the top end of your budget)

I wouldn't recommend Terrigal area as it's too overcrowded these days and 'touristy'. As for areas to avoid, I can't really comment on this as most areas by the water are fairly nice... In my opinion. Some may say to avoid the northern suburbs (The Entrance/Toukley for example).

sydney sid and safeashouses like this.
  3. ChasingYield

ChasingYield Member

The above is good advice. Having just been researching the area for the past few months I’d add that Foresters Beach and Wamberal are nice as well. We visited a couple in Woy Woy Bay which had a really nice community feel.

Ettalong could be good as well. We just really didn’t like the Woy Woy and Umina Beach area. Take a visit to the Woy Woy shopping centre and you’ll figure it out quickly

safeashouses likes this.
  4. jgorbs

jgorbs Member

Full disclosure, I used to live/work in the Woy Woy area, and while I got used to the area I can see why people wouldn't find the shopping centre appealing...

Seconded Ettalong too. Many nice restaurants and cafes - the underrated food hub of the coast.

EDIT: I've lived in Terrigal, Pretty Beach (Wagstaffe) and Tascott so am speaking from experience.

safeashouses likes this.
  5. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Why not head on up to the coast and have a good look around? This will give you a feel for where you might like to live.

6. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

If you want a genuine waterfront have a look up around Lake Macquarie. You'll get something well within your budget on the water.

The Prestige and safeashouses like this.
  7. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hi @jgorbs I'm currently looking up here for a family member and curious to know the areas that would be flood affected, around Woy Woy and Tascott in particular. What is Tascott like as a community? Thanks in advance.

8. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

It must be a while since you last visited ... :rolleyes:
    both not even near the water
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-nsw-warners+bay-136654698
    and
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-nsw-warners+bay-136205422
    just a few doors from my home
    https://www.domain.com.au/27-starling-street-warners-bay-nsw-2282-2017013442
    the market up here has gone bananas over the past 12 months and decent homes are selling north of $1,000,000 much to my surprise.

Last edited: 13th Aug, 2021
    sydney sid likes this.
  9. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

10. Thedoc

Thedoc Well-Known Member

Bateau bay/long jetty/Toowoon Bay. Much nicer than the umina area. Less housos and better demographic.

11. Boss

Boss Well-Known Member