carport or garage

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by baby_fats, 5th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. baby_fats

baby_fats New Member

Can you guys please explain to me what the difference is between a carport or a garage?

How about if it has a roller door in the front but open in the back? Or sides?

Lastly, how much does it increase the value of a property if I put in a carport or a garage

Many thanks in advance

2. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

A garage (for a house) is fully enclosed

3. Random Username

Random Username Well-Known Member

It may not add much to the value of the property, but could well make it more saleable or rentable.

4. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

What he said. If you can't do a carport try to arrange some lockable storage.

5. Esh

Esh Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell how much extra value garage would add but the great positives is that it makes it more attractive to buyers - could translate in more value to the property, extra plus if you add storage. Buyers may also see this as more secure. All these factors really play in their mind when it comes to perceived value

6. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

If it were myself with a new built I'd add a double garage rather than carport, however the cost for builder vs DIY to enclose a carport would be my deciding factor.
    Also, depending on the build layout it maybe possible to simply enclose the side with remote door on the front, leaving the rear wall open to incorporate as part of the patio area , comes in handy for side door access, especially to kick off the work boots etc, allows extra undercover room for parties etc.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.