VIC Capital Gains in Armstrong Creek, Mount Duneed

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Mauve, 14th Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mauve

Mauve Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on potential price growth for properties in Mount Duneed and Armstrong Creek compared to other areas of Geelong. Also, chatting to locals some say Mount Duneed is more popular ("it's nicer"). I can't see much difference between the two. Any suggestions on which might be better in terms of price growth? All replies gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

2. Investor1111

Investor1111 Well-Known Member

Huge amount of developable land in these areas that have been zoned for residential use. I've purchased one in Stage 1 in the new estate haymont in Charlemont, doing a H & L package looking for some uplift upon completion.

Forcecasting big population growth in these areas in the next 10 years to come. Will demand outstrip supply in the Armstrong Creek / Mound Duneed areas?

Certainly hope so. Once the deveolpable land is filled up, and the deamnd is still there. That's when you can expect to see major capital growth, should be slow - to - medium in the meantime until then.

3. MondeoMan

MondeoMan Well-Known Member

I think Mount Dunned is "nicer" probably mainly because it's more established and is closer to the Trainline and more established Geelong like Waurn Ponds and Belmont. There is a lot of growth happened there in the last year, my brother's build in Mt Dunned just finished, he paid 550k all up (less with Grants) and he can likely sell for 650k. First person on the street just sold without the landscaping and with only a single garage and one living (compared to his double and two) for 590k

I have read a couple of articles that land is starting to run out in the area and Geelong is going to have a land shortage in the next couple of years until the new growth areas in the North and West of Geelong come online. There is certainly not a lot of land coming up in Mt Dunned at the moment, as I have been asking about it recently.