Cant afford a house: Consequences/bad luck?

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by TMNT, 28th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@Perthguy - those punters stood no chance against the owner/developer of 3 adjoining properties, the agent was doing their thing to bring in maximum interested parties but only one counted, the one who'd pay the most.

2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I am thinking this is not a space where first home buyers should be trying to compete...

3. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Thats ^^^^^ the real issue. A young couple who are both working average jobs can get a place, IF its a priority.

Country towns are mighty big these days :)

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Ever notice how many of the migrants and ppl from other ethnicities who come from difficult countries and situations rarely complain about housing prices, they just have a plan of how they are going to either get one or their 2nd, 3rd etc. I see this time and time again. Says alot to me.

Angel, EN710, TMNT and 1 other person like this.
  5. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Delayed pleasure. I still live in a shoebox in comparison to my tenants and will be like that for abit of time until I have a family I think.

House and Otie like this.
  6. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

Me too.
    My first home, 234K 2/1/1 townhouse in western Sydney in 2011. Very affordable even on a graduates wage. ;)
    And yes, it's now worth much more than that.
    The area: high social housing, low socio economic, and we bought in slow market conditions.
    Living within ours means was and is important to us. Our means and net worth eventually grew to allow us to buy our not first (and much nicer) homes. As seems to be the case with almost every generation I've spoken to about it.

Discussing housing affordability straight after a several year boom in Australia's largest cities, and mid- boom in others is always going to look a little bleak.
    Property is an asset class with market herd behaviour - it's going to overshoot sometimes.
    Patience, expectation management, money management and creativity will get them there if they truly want it.
    Life and it's associated goals aren't meant to be easy.

7. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

yes excatly, they simply move into the crappier and more affordable areas,
    many of these people end up doing very well in life due to less entitlement mentality and hard work,
    and probably because the countries standard of living they came from wasnt as high as australia so they dont seem to mind

in my high school, I did ok in english, however 3 of the top 5 students in my school in the english subjects were imigratns who had been here less than half of their life and had to learn english from scratch .

how ******* embarassing for aussies, just shows how lazy they are as a whole

8. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

I was born here and in primary school was put in the ESL class! The only language I could speak was English anyway! Top that! :p

Iamnumber5 likes this.
  9. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

god I would have picked on you 24/7!!!!! :)

Sackie and Biz like this.