Can you trust 'Comminsure' after reading this url...

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Abooking, 5th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    Well, it's all guess work! But what is being uncovered right now IMO speaks about the attitude of this insurer. Wether or not one would fall victim of this is only speculation. But I would not take comfort in the fact they have been purposefully trying to avoid genuine claims and would be concerned this might be a corporate culture thing. Glad I did not renew with them!

2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

I was at lunch together with friends today and I was talking about comminsure saga. My friend pointed out to me that the 4 gents sitting not far from us are the boss and lawyers of CBA. I wondered if they were talking business...

3. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

7:30 Report tonight gave two more examples. Gives the impression that more and more policyholders ('victims') are coming out of the woodwork.

Which bank? On 4 Corners, the CBA CEO, Ian Narev, kept repeating that they want to be known as the Ethical Bank. Based on these stories, it seems to me, he has a lot of work ahead of him. He might earn his reported annual pay of $8M.

I have worked for an insurance company. I understand why they freely collect premiums and make the paying of claims as difficult as possible. But ...

4. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

they should reject fraudulent claims but they appeared to have this concerted effort to reject claims, forcing these claimants to seek legal advice, commence court proceedings before they are willing to settle.. why? if their own doctors opined some claimants fit the criteria of TPD, they should consider their reports carefully.

kierank likes this.
  5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I watched it this afternoon. What disgusting practices and how the boss kept a straight face whilst talking I'll never know. What a brave man was the whistleblower. I hope they keep up the pressure and don't let this fall between the cracks. I couldn't help but think the boss would make a good politician with his answers that didn't answer anything.

kierank and alexm like this.
  6. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    If the boss was a decent human being, he would not have made it to the job, same as politicians.

wylie and Terry_w like this.
  7. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

This is disgraceful behaviour by Comminsure! I would guess though that CBA's PR machine has kicked in and they're manipulating the media to get their own way (just like what has been shown is happening to their policyholders).

I'm also guessing that management don't care about these going's on; they'll still collect their millions in remuneration. Perhaps it's time for me to start moving my business away from them..

kierank and wylie like this.
  8. kierank

Makes one wonder.

9. kierank

I understand a lot of people did that a couple of years ago after what they did to their clients via their financial planners.

10. Abooking

Abooking Well-Known Member

I decided to cancel my comminsure policy and go with another insurer. I wonder how many other customers have bailed

Terry_w likes this.