Can I enter Canterbury-Bankstown LGA if I don't live there?

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by jaybean, 19th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

The point of the restrictions is to reduce mobility and thus reduce the risk of transmission between people.

While it's not really within the spirit of the "stay at home" orders - I don't really have a problem with someone travelling less than 5km to work on an unoccupied house, alone.

Provided that they aren't just "popping out to the shops" to get a coffee or food while they are working there.

And if you need to visit a Bunnings or similar to get supplies - then I think you are definitely stretching the rules.

Ask yourself: are your activities increasing the risk to you or others compared to if you remained at home? If yes - because you are interacting with more people than otherwise - then don't do it.

Also - be prepared for a visit from the police if your neighbours take issue with renovations being undertaken while everyone is in lockdown. I don't know how the police will interpret your actions.

wylie, Lizzie and geoffw like this.
  2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

I like the fact an anonymous forum has all the answers to this tricky question.

Makes sense to wait.. in line with orders from health ppl.

Stay safe. Stay sane.