Buying & Selling - what would make it better?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by LifesGood, 20th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

Hi all,

In my opinion, a lot of agents and their processes are the "same". Based on your past experiences, what changes or innovations do you think would have improved the whole process for you as a consumer?

Cheers, LG

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Agents actually following the process and not been complete f**kwits. Allowing vendors to stay in property past settlement because he was '2 hours away with our keys'. Not informing vendors they actually had to be ready by SETTLEMENT time. Not letting vendors leave behind a bunch of crap after settlement. I've dealt with 2 or 3 agents, while only purchasing one property and they were all tools. I thought car salesmen were bad.

You are looking for real feedback though, so end rant and I'll throw a few suggestions.

• Allowing legally binding offers via email etc - maybe some kind of portal with e-signatures? Probably not agent's fault though. Legislation i suppose? Would be convenient for buyers.
    • ALL properties should have some form of floor plan. Recently, I've even seen some properties with 3d floor plans you can add furniture to and everything. Really cool idea.

LifesGood likes this.
  3. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

i would start with them doing what the promised. before moving along to something innovative.

also how about when u sign up with "hot shot agent", can the real "hot shot agent" show up. and not always his associate doing everything , while the "hot shot agent" try to list another property.

Jacque likes this.
  4. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

From my own experience as a consumer and on behalf of all my clients for 13 years :D:

+1 @KinG3o0o Doing what they said they were going to do. No. 1 rule of professional service delivery :)
    Embracing an ethos of great service
    Caring more about me as a client and actually being genuine
    Delivering great service and backing up reputation with references and testimonials
    Being transparent
    Better after sales service (ie: actually follow up after I've sold/settled/moved on)
    Actually being accountable and apologising/compensating when required. (saying sorry can go a long way towards repairing relationships)
    More regular communication
    Focussing more on consumer and marketing of property rather than marketing themselves :D