Buying RU4 zoned land

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by newbie_e, 12th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. newbie_e

newbie_e Member

hi guys,

Just wanting to get your thoughts on buying RU-4 zoned land in hope of rezoning?

Thoughts?
    Risks?

2. Anthony416

Anthony416 Well-Known Member

I think you would need to have some inside information before taking a punt on that...... Under normal circumstances you would look for recent re-zonings on adjacent land or some other planning proposals that you are aware of that may have an influence on RU 4 land that you were considering purchasing.

3. newbie_e

newbie_e Member

Thanks for this. Is this information easy to access online or do i need to call up the real estate to get this information?

4. Anthony416

Anthony416 Well-Known Member

Council may be the best option as well as your own observations of where the hot spots are with new sub-divisions / building activity etc. New re-zonings can take years to happen so it normally will be a considerable "hold" position.

Only beleive 10% of what an estate agent would tell you.........I get lots of clients who insist that their proposed development can be approved by council because the real estate agent told them so when they bought the land :) Or that it can go under Complying Development and does not need to go through council.

Last edited: 14th Feb, 2018
    Sackie likes this.