Buying Property during x-mas - Love it or hate it?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Lisa Parker, 9th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

Are we actually agreeing? My position has been that normal schools have to accept in-zone students. Here you say "...paying the dues of living in the zones..."

That sounds like the same thing to me.

cheers,
    Inertia

2. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

On the other side of the ledger those desperate to buy may make drastic decisions and overpay due to being afraid there will be no action for months.
    I think the best purchases can be made by those who have watched their market closely and seen houses siting stale since November. They are going to be the ones who may be desperate to sell up before Christmas.

3. Rumplestiltskin

Rumplestiltskin Well-Known Member

Yes it has, every school I have mentioned is a normal state high school.
    Refusal is not all about out of zoners, it's all about adhering to the requirements at the time of enrolment.
    Therefore moving into a suburb in January and expecting to receive admission to a sought after school is nothing more than a dream in a pipe.
    BTW, you still haven't displayed the admission criteria for 1 public, state, or "normal" school as you term it.

4. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I've had this awesome idea how about we talk about the topic, instead of how to get into school catchment zones. Pretty cool idea huh? @Rumplestiltskin @inertia

My personal experiances - I really struggled to get agents to show me through properties over christmas. Plus there was a lack of new stock on the market as everyone was holding out for mid Jan. Obviously didn't help I was trying to buy in another state, so I was only on the ground for limited times.

inertia likes this.