NSW Buying near old windsor road in Glenwood

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by home_buyer, 21st Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. home_buyer

home_buyer Member

Hello Everyone, I've heard that areas near old windsor road and M7 are compromised because of the noise. I'm looking at a property on Crestview drive in Glenwood which is 2 minutes walk to Norbrik T-way. Would you or would you not suggest buying it. Also is it convenient to travel by bus to North Sydney during peak morning and evening hours. Are the buses crowded? Do they get stuck in traffic? On google maps it shows 45 minutes by bus to North Sydney (from home to office).Does it actually take that much or more? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. home_buyer

home_buyer Member

Hello, can anyone who actually knows about the area share their thoughts?

3. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

It depends on what you are prepared to live with. Anything along Crestview is going to be very noisy pretty much 24/7. Maybe park in the street one afternoon and see what you think.

I have family north of meurants lane. They are happy with the area in general but live in a caldesac.

4. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

I grew up on the Sunnyholt road side of Glenwood, near the shops.

While I no longer live in the area, my parents do and a few of my friends have houses on streets that back Old Windsor Road, with one actually backing the road.

There are sound barriers in place - 2m high and there is also a T-Way before the road for most of the suburb. I’ve gone for walks along the T-Way and have not found the noise to be an issue.

Nevertheless, I’d be asking for a discount on the asking price

home_buyer likes this.