QLD Buying Land and Building in Loganlea

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by smooth excellence, 31st Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Now I gotcha...I agree...this is not Kington, Logan Central or Woodridge...these are newer suburbs and new estates. I think they will have potential over the next few years.

Also like Rochedale South, Underwood, Springwood, Drewdale...

2. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

SL property?

3. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

sorry Slack Creek

4. RetireRich101

Some people just don't understand that Rochedale South, Underwood, Springwood, Drewdale are few prestige suburbs that are 150k-250k more than other Logan suburbs...
    You can basically buy 2 properties in other parts of Logan for the price of 1 in Rochedale South, Underwood, Springwood, Drewdale

5. RetireRich101

This coincides the employment data. Logan was at 8-9% unemployment a year ago. Sept 2016 is at 5.91%. It's even lower than wider QLD..
    Unemployment rate | Logan City | economy.id

eletronic_exp0430 likes this.
  6. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

No, if I had anything there I would be holding provided it was well away from Diamond street.

RetireRich101 likes this.
  7. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

I think one of the characteristics of a suburb or region that is being re-rated is that there is serious disagreement on the future by purchasers. The herd can't make up its mind. A young turk who hasn't seen the stigma doesn't get affected by stories rates logan OK, the wizened old dude can't get past a story from the 80s can't get his head around the new possibiliites. The mexican from south of the border can't pay inner city prices, doesn't want to buy flood prone and wants a quarter acre block - logan is viable. Each is coming from a different perspective. For me it is simply a trend think ...... beyond sea change, beyond green, is 'going bogan'. Release your innner bogan. Come to Logan!

HUGH72, Frazz and RetireRich101 like this.
  8. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Hard to sleep standing up if you get on at Loganlea lol :eek: (in peak hour on the express)

9. boganfromlogan

Hard to sleep if you get on the train from helensvale or coomera. If you are only on the train for 25minutes sleep isn't really an option. Did you notice people get off at loganlea who work at the hospital?

Yes the train is crowded. That really underscores the mess that is the M1.

U can release your inner bogan at coomera or helensvale as well, just takes longer on the train.

10. RetireRich101

Below is the Loganlea zone area.

If you look at the properties sold in the zoned and unzoned today, and compare similar properties sold before the Logan Planning adapted in May 2015, you will see which pocket increase more...

I am not sure the Loganlea zoned properties are good buy now, as they are mostly over 400k in that pocket

upload_2017-1-17_23-28-7.png

Similar things is seeing MBRC after the new planning was gazetted beginning of 2016
    I still haven't see many Agent listing in MBRC properties indicate the Next Generation/Urban zoning etc... This is probably because they themselves don't know hot to spot them or not worth their effort to put in the listing. @wombat777 has picked up some there.

boganfromlogan likes this.
  11. boganfromlogan

Nice work! Is $400K not quite good for that area and zoning?

12. smooth excellence

smooth excellence Well-Known Member

Care to elaborate a bit further? If you buy a block of land/house in zone vs unzoned, what difference does it make? Just development opportunity?

13. smooth excellence

The plus is the Loganlea train station carpark is often full.. so if you buy you don't need to worry about that I guess. I always see a bunch of people waiting for a I'm guess connecting bus at the busstop on Station Road side of the train station.

14. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

More trains will run each hour as the line has been duplicated South near Coomera and Helensvale and future capacity can be substantially increased if required. All positive for Logan and properties near stations.

Coomera to Helensvale Duplication Project

Frazz likes this.
  15. smooth excellence

upload_2017-6-29_0-30-33.png

Oh Nice, it's been a while since I've caught the train. During peak hour there's an express train from Loganlea to the city every 15mins, that's pretty neat.

Frazz likes this.