NSW Buying in Toronto NSW

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by balwoges, 11th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. balwoges

balwoges Well-Known Member

Any comments on buying in Toronto. Would appreciate any feedback.

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Need more info than that. How much $ do you want to spend? What type of property? Where in Toronto? etc etc

3. balwoges

Sorry, should have said it will be my PPOR, have heard negative reports about some parts of Toronto and social problems, would also like to know how long it takes to drive from there to Charlestown/Kotara. Shopping centre has everything I want, and the walks alongside the lake are great.

House on the market is fairly new as are the homes alongside, price? higher price range for Toronto.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

It has a station.
    It's near water.
    Used to have a subbie on Fassifern Rd

5. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

Turned to my pod buddy as he lives out that way. He says its kinda nice. The waterfront side is pretty good apparently - couple of shopping malls, some cafes, etc.

Personally, I wouldn't be travelling from there to Charlestown on a daily basis, but I like to minimise travel time for my commute (currently a 6 minute ride), and I don't think I would ever live anywhere that doesn't at least have a footpath (kind of a demarcation for urban/suburban). Apparently 20 minute drive from Toronto to Charlestown or Kotara (not much difference). Feels weird when I think about it - in Sydney I had no qualms about a 45min+ commute, but in Newcastle 20 minutes seems like forever.

Quite frankly, nothing in the greater Newcastle area is far from each other (in Sydney terms). Even Newcastle to Maitland is around 30 minutes (maybe a bit more at peak hour).

Cheers,
    Inertia

6. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

What's the reason for buying in Toronto and not Charlestown?

7. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

You can use this crime tool: Crime Maps | BOCSAR

Google maps says 20 minute drive without traffic.
    https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...017d681632eb30!2m2!1d151.695058!2d-32.9634034

Yep agreed.

Median is currently around $370K so you should get something nice for $500+K there.
    If you want more info on Toronto (or any other NSW suburb), feel free to use the Pricefinder widget on our website at the bottom of this page: Serviced Areas (type the suburb name slowly and choose from the drop-down box)

8. balwoges

If I wanted to do a quick food shop would have to go to Charlestown Shopping Centre, no thanks - I like my everyday shopping to be just minutes away and an easy park :eek:

larrylarry likes this.
  9. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

Toronoto is pronounced T-orrrrona, if your planing on living there id stick to the one street that runs along the lake. Some of the streets are filled with commission houses just go for a drive around. My dads loves going down to the shopping centre reckons its extremely entertaining.

Mr Dabolina likes this.
  10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

They'll thong youse....:p:D

11. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Tronno pub. Tronno workies. Tronno Scoprions. Tronno west.

Truth.

Didn't the high school burn down at one stage?

Some of the burbs around the bay a bit are ok. Eg Carey Bay

12. balwoges

I've had lunch at a cafe in Toronto and walked around the shopping centre, strangely enough the people going about their business in the shopping centre looked a lot like people anywhere else I have been, they were not dressed in space suits and wearing space helmets.

PS there are bogans everywhere.

13. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@fols - it's not the Umina jealousy shining through is it?

14. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Was having dinner at nice place on the water there about a month ago, just before we walked in woman with many kids and a guy with tatts, Tee shirt, footy shorts with crack showing and thongs, from his mouth and the kids behaviour, you would not want to be living next to them, a real let down for such a nice spot.

Yep, bogans can be anywhere, but it all depends on the % and how vocal etc they are before it is past a tolerable point.