NSW Buying a land with sewage line on the side

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by vmehta, 27th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. vmehta

vmehta New Member

Hey everyone, I am new at this forum so please correct me if I need to post this to another place.
    I am looking at the contract for this land in box hill, NSW, and there is sewage line running through the left of the lot right till the back.

The contract does not mention that I need to leave any easement for it anywhere but the layout shows the sewage and a retaining wall(in blue). Now I am not sure If there would be any issues with sewage line, the builder says there wont be, the solicitor says I may have to leave 1 meter extra, after(.9m mandatory easement) and I will loose my frontage. Has anyone else experienced this? How big of an issue this could be?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

You may have to find a house design for a narrower block.

bmc and vmehta like this.
  3. vmehta

vmehta New Member

That's mate for your reply. Is there anywhere I can read about this. I want to know exactly how much it would come down to. I can live with 1m. Anything beyond that would be worry some for me.

4. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

re: building over or adjacent to sewer. - (see zone of influence)

sydney water

Scott No Mates likes this.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.