NSW Buying a land near Tallawong station

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Manisha, 16th Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Manisha

Manisha Active Member

I’m planning to buy a land in Rouse hill near Tallawong metro station. As of now the area is undeveloped, there are barely any houses, roads are not properly built etc. But in the next 2 years a lot has been planned for this area- a new hospital, school and shopping center. Do you recommend buying the land here?
    Also what do you think is the best project home builder in Sydney who can build a quality home with some possible customisation?
    Overall I’m guessing it’ll cost around 1M+ to build a reasonable house in this area (including land price). Do you think it’s worth it?

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Hi Manisha
    We built with Metricon, and are pretty happy with their overall service. There were some challenges along the way, but we got their in the end.
    They have beautiful floor plans.

Manisha likes this.
  3. Manisha

Manisha Active Member

Thanks @Property Twins for the prompt reply. What challenges are you talking about. I am a first home buyer and completely inexperienced. How long does it generally take. What are the overhead costs apart from what your builder builds like fencing and landscaping cost?

4. SteffS

SteffS Well-Known Member

Hi Manisha, looking at your other thread, just curious why did you skip Kellyville? I think Kelly would be the best bet in your situation.

Manisha likes this.
  5. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

We had hand spray bidets installed in the toilets as part of the contract...and the plumber forgot to make sure that it was compliant with the back flow prevention regulations. After much research and back and forth for 18 months of moving in they agreed, and had to cut out tiles and gyprock to re-do the plumbing. I was fortunate to have found someone who was knowledgeable and was kind enough to guide on this.

Also had a bit of back and forth with other bits and pieces - but guess post hand over can be a bit like that.

Allow extra spend for electricals - there is never enough! Landscaping was challenging - I'd suggest just moving in and doing it gradually - rather than rushing to have someone do for you. At the rate our landscapers did the work, we might as well have project managed and hired people to do bits and pieces - would have been fraction of the cost.

Manisha likes this.
  6. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

Depends on what you are looking for your family. 1m will get you a small block am9ngst other small blocks, roads may be jampacked as there would be a lot of houses.

Existing infra may not be enough the way people are buying in and around. Those who were using metro already agreed it was crowded.

1m will give you bang for buck in much nicer and established areas with bigger lots and decent houses.

Regards

Manisha likes this.
  7. Manisha

Manisha Active Member

@SteffS, Every weekend I go and visit places around one of the metro station. This weekend it was Rouse hill near Tallawong. I was getting a good big land 800 m from Metro station. The place I live now is 2 minutes walk to my office and 3 minutes to grocery stores etc. So buying in an area which is so undeveloped (as of today) and far from basic amenities made me a bit nervous. So I wanted to know your thoughts on that. Nevertheless it was indeed a learning experience going there in Rouse hill and to all these display homes. And now I have more perspective for the open houses I'll be visiting in future. Also I've realised as you said living around Kellyville is still the best bet for me. I just need to wait for the right property to be listed

8. Manisha

Manisha Active Member

Yup, although the land I was planning to put an offer was a bigger land (~450sqm, the budget was actually 1.2M), the idea of living in a bigger house among other smaller ones did make me nervous. And now I'm planning to let go of the land and not buying there and stick with more established areas

9. Manisha

Manisha Active Member

Aah, that's too much hassle and stressful I guess

10. SteffS

SteffS Well-Known Member

We also looked at Tallawong sometime back and skipped that area and it has been good decision so far the prices have not changed since sometime/yr there plus H&L package is probably the worst part of it. That whole pocket is at its peak price. We are trying to explore Kelly region bit more which sounds promising at present.

Manisha likes this.
  11. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

'Big' being defined as what here?

12. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

How about a very spacious 3br Townhouse in say Castle Hill with big land?
    More established, loads of demand. Good transport.

Manisha likes this.
  13. Manisha

Manisha Active Member

Lol, it's relative. If you'll compare the land area with other lots in an R5 zoning area, it is big. For areas like Turramurra it's definitely small.

14. Manisha

Manisha Active Member

Can you please share examples? My first priority is walkability to metro station. I am willing to sacrifice on space or budget but not proximity.

15. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

As someone that lives in a house on a small block ( under 350 sqm ), it’s fine. Numerous families in the area also seem to agree. I much prefer the convenience of walking distance to train & shops.

16. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Within 15 minutes walk to metro Screenshot_20200818-073025_Realestate.jpg

Manisha likes this.
  17. Manisha

Manisha Active Member

18. object

object New Member

Hi @Property Twins, i am also looking to buy in that area Tallawong Park Estate and I wanted to ask you if there are any bus services that run in the area which goes to Tallawong Metro Station? Its easily around 2km (20 mins) walk to the metro from the lot im eyeing.