QLD Buying 400 Vs 600Sqm In Brisbane

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by AJ061, 20th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. AJ061

AJ061 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Wondering what your thought is on buying a 400 SQM block close to CBD i.e. Morningside vs going out a bit to suburbs like Carina, Mount Gravatt, Holland Park/HPW for a 600sqm block? or older house in Tarragindi on a 600sqm (if i could score one without 4m drop to the back of the property)?

Or would you buy in Michealton, Carindale?

FYI budget of High 600 to low 700.

2. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

Two of my guiding principles when I am investing in property are:

1. Land appreciates, buildings depreciate. Hence, buy as much land as one can afford.

2. There is 3 x more land in the area from 5 to 10kms from the CBD than 0 to 5 kms. Hence, buy as close to the CBD as one can afford.

Maxxx, Beano and Leeroy93 like this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I'd choose the 400sqm block closer to the CBD, especially if it was in a great suburb with add value potential and possible views if developed into a new house or add a level. Also depends on price.

If your 600sqm lot which is a little further from the CBD has a great aspect and at a good price, it is worth considering. For me Brisbane is all about:

1. Location
    2. Land content
    3. Add value .

Last edited: 20th Oct, 2019
    QldKoolies, Francesco, Damo93 and 2 others like this.
  4. AJ061

AJ061 Well-Known Member

Currently Looking at Carindale on a 700sqm block brick house needing renovation but strong bones vs queenslanders on a 400sqm blacks in morningside etc.

Thoughts please?

5. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Buy the best deal you can find in either. Both will do well I'd say. Under market value is the key, IF you can find it in those suburbs.

AJ061 likes this.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.