Buyers Agent Toowoomba?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Brett Rutledge, 12th Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brett Rutledge

Brett Rutledge Member

Hey guys,
    I a pretty green to investing but I have been looking into the toowoomba market s it matches the capital I have at the moment which is a bit cheaper and it is low on the property clock at the moment. I have been researching a lot on the area but is there a buyers agent or invester etc. that has good knowledge that can help out a new investor with some inside information on the area?

Thanks guys much appreciated.
    Brett (Brisbane, Qld)

2. JosephR

JosephR Member

Hi Brett,
    Have you decided what investment strategy you'd like?
    I'm assuming that as you have a low capital, you would be following a positively geared strategy.
    I have inside information about these areas and more but you really should focus on the method of finding out the info yourself.
    A safe way to start would be following the basic 3 metrics of property investment.
    1. Vacancy Rates - an average subset 3% (Vacant 1.1 weeks per year)
    2. Capital Growth - Foretasted 5%+.
    3. Rental Yield - A % that will give you a positively geared property with NO holding costs (Rent covers rates and any other cost). $20 to $30 a week in your pocket for your first IP.
    As a guide (Very simplified) - a 5.5% will give you a neutral IP and above should start pushing positive. (90% LVR + LMI . 88% TOTAL)

I'm being very generic with the examples as I don't know your capital and serviceability.
    I'm to delve further if you message me. (Discussing financial specifics in public is not a good idea:))
    Cheers,
    Joseph.