Buyers Agent Suggestion for Sydney Upper North Shore

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Andrewtfarr, 4th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Andrewtfarr

Andrewtfarr Active Member

Hi Everyone,

My sister and brother in law are looking for an OO property to settle down in somewhere in one one of the below suburbs:

Asquith, Hornsby, Wahroonga, Normanhurst, Thornleigh, Westleigh, Pennant Hills

They are finance ready (1mill - 1.3) and have a number or purchase options, IE they can spend more if what they buy can generate an extra income from a granny flat etc or subdivision.

Unfortunately most of what they find which they are keen on has huge numbers turn up at auction and are going for 100 - 200k above advertised reserve.

I suggested using a BA to potentially source some off market opportunities and to help with the process as they haven't got huge amounts of time to commit and it appears they need a new angle of attack.

Does anyone have experience with any BA's in the area and or provide recommendations\contacts to reach out to for an initial chat?

Thanks all!
    Andy

2. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Jacque from hsa. She is a forum member.

Terry_w likes this.
  3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

+1. For jax and her team at housesearchaustralia

Ta

Rolf

4. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

+ 2 for Jacque Parker. Also bear in mind that the UNS is hot property right now and there are few off market opportunities (but there are some) and if auctions are going $100-200K over your friend's limit no BA no matter how good, can engage in auction tactics to overcome this. Most money wins is usually the motto in that kind of market.

5. FirstIP

FirstIP Active Member

I've sent a PM with a recommendation

6. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Why not recommend in the thread so others can also benefit from your experience?

7. Andrewtfarr

Andrewtfarr Active Member

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the feedback. Looks like Jacque has lots of support so have passed on her info to my sister etc as well www.mmba.com.au as recommended by FirstIP.

I fully appreciate the state of the upper north shore market at the moment. It's horrible watching these guys getting attached to nice places that tick all the boxes for them and seeing them go well outside their budget. Understand a BA isnt going to save them a few hundred k but I feel some guidance and knowledge to reset their expectations will save them a lot of stress.

Thanks again everyone! :)