Buyer's Agent in Hobart

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by TazCaz, 24th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TazCaz

TazCaz Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Am new to this forum, so apologies if I have posted in the wrong place. I am just wondering if anyone can recommend a good buyer's agent in the Hobart area? A search on this forum has lead me to My Property Hunter - so wondering if anyone can share their experience using them, or any other buyer's agents in Hobart.

Thanks in advance,
    Caroline

2. radson

radson Well-Known Member

Rob was great to work with :)

3. TazCaz

TazCaz Well-Known Member

Thanks radson - would you use a buyer's agent again? I had hoped I could do most of the grunt work myself, but wondering if a BA would give me better access to properties before they appear online.

4. radson

radson Well-Known Member

Interstate..absolutely yes, especially in a sellers market. I think the house we bought with rob, we had an offer in before it was even published online.

5. TazCaz

TazCaz Well-Known Member

Wow! That's great to know - thanks. I've sent a message asking them to get in touch, so we'll see what they have to say. What was the cost roughly, if you don't mind me asking?

6. TazCaz

TazCaz Well-Known Member

I just received a quote from them - it's actually a lot more than I had expected. My friend just used one in Melbourne who offered service for three times the period of time (12 months instead of four) for almost three times less the price. Does anyone know if this this normal for Hobart or are there less expensive options out there?

7. TazCaz

TazCaz Well-Known Member

@radson - would you or anyone else have any other recommendations in Hobart?

8. rambotrader

rambotrader Well-Known Member

Yeah. Needing some help too and not sure where to find it.
    My wife and I want to relocate to Tasmania and are looking for fertile acres less than 1 hour from Hobart in scenic area.
    Do any of the locals on this website have any ideas/suggestions of who to contact and where to look?

9. TazCaz

TazCaz Well-Known Member

Just bumping this again as I'm still not having much luck finding an affordable buyer's agent in Hobart. My Property Hunter quoted me $8,500 - which is nearly four times what anyone I know has paid in Melbourne or Sydney. Surely there are other options in Tassie?

10. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

@TazCaz $8,500 is quite cheap compared to most BAs, especially in Melbourne or Sydney.

11. TazCaz

TazCaz Well-Known Member

Hmmm...perhaps my friends have just found really good deals. The most anyone I've known has paid is $3,200 and that was for a 12-month engagement (though they found a place in four months). The $8,500 is for three months only. For a roughly $400K property, it just seems like a lot to be paying a tenth of your deposit for three months of service with a BA!

12. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

I've been dealing with multiple buyers agents across all of Australia for over 17 years. Never heard of one that charges $3200 for a full BA service, not even close. I can't even see how they'd be able to run a business profitably at that price.

$3200 sounds more like the price for a simple 'spot and refer' which is a very different from a full BA service.

jchw38 likes this.