Buyers Agent / Finder’s Fee / Early Access

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Wayne Gretzky, 27th Feb, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Wayne Gretzky

Wayne Gretzky Member

Hi all,

We’re trying to buy into a hot market and everything that gets to Real Estate.com ends up selling for over asking price or to some cash buyer with no conditions.

Is there any way we can get the inside track on properties. I know of Buyers Agents but I don’t necessarily want to pay someone a percentage of the purchase price just to find me a house and give me the first crack at negotiating a contract. That’s really all I’m after. Happy to pay a few grand but I’ve heard of BAs charging upwards of 10k for their services and I don’t see how that makes sense for us.

All of the agents in the area have our details but none are calling us because they’ve got no need to. Do you know if we can pay them a flat rate to offer exclusive inspections to us before it goes to market. Or is this conflict of interest?

Any ideas?

2. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Your best option is to keep doing what your doing but try contacting the agents in the weekly cycle they are operating in. For example Monday and Tuesday tends to be closeout from the weekend, prep and possibly down time for the agent so new listings start coming online Wed, Thurs and to a lesser extent Friday. If you can build up a relationship with some of the agents you will eventually find some that don't want the hassle of opens etc (keeping in mind that some want the market exposure in a low listing market) and you'll get a chance to buy off market..takes some work but is worth it....market your credentials to them...the easier you make it for them the more likely you will be to get what you are after...

Wayne Gretzky likes this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Yes - they are only allowed to take commission from one party not both.

4. Wayne Gretzky

Wayne Gretzky Member

Thanks for the comprehensive response!