Buyer Agent Specialized in Western Sydney

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Katemonty, 21st Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Katemonty

Katemonty Member

Hi, I am looking to purchase a property (FHB: will stay there for 6 months then change to IP) in western sydney ( mainly in St Mary, St Clair, Colyton, Oxley Park). Please kindly advise the buyer agents dealing with the above suburbs. My budget will be 700-750k looking for 550 sized block.
    Thanks in advance.

2. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Not sure but I recently dealt with Alan from @Propertunity and I would recommend him, although I don't know if he services your areas (I was inner west).

Katemonty likes this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Have a chat to @skater - she is very familiar with the area (though she's not a BA).

Katemonty and skater like this.
  4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

You can definitely find something within that budget.

Katemonty likes this.
  5. Katemonty

Katemonty Member

Thank you

6. Katemonty

Katemonty Member

Can you advise which suburbs are more family friendly, safe and good rental yields ? Many thanks

7. Katemonty

Katemonty Member

Please kindly feed me the knowledge about these suburbs ? Specific advice ?

8. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

What research have you done yourself? Attended a few opens? RP data reports?

9. Henry C

Henry C Member

Hi Katemonty,

You will highly benefit from doing some research to have an idea whether the suburbs you are interested in are family friendly, safe and have good rental yields. Here are a few free websites to get you started:
    I'd recommend inspecting the open homes and walking down the main street and local shops of the suburb you're interested in to see if it's family friendly or safe to your standards.

Use the Property Chat search function to find recent threads discussing IPs around Western Sydney. There is a truckload of information on this forum and all it takes is searching suburbs or property terms you are interested in knowing. Again, here's a couple to get you started:
    Whether you use a BA or not, it is crucial you have a good understanding of the suburb before making a decision to invest there - particularly in understanding its growth drivers.

Cheers,
    Henry

Keen1 and skater like this.
  10. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Ummm.....I'm not going to do your due diligence for you.

At the beginning you said.

So, you have mentioned the suburbs you are interested in. Have you been to any opens, driven the streets, even looked on www.realestate.com.au to see what's available and the prices?

If you go to the local shops, get a coffee, walk around etc, you can see first hand the kind of people that live in the area. Drive the streets you can see facilities. Lots can be learnt from these simple things, and if you wanted to use it for a PPOR for even a small time, then it would be silly not to do so.

Hetty and James.Syd like this.
  11. James.Syd

James.Syd Well-Known Member

Hi Henry that’s a very good post and specially the link for free websites to get someone started.. the second link has very useful information but seems like outdated (only goes to 2017)..
    Do you know any paid ones with reasonable subscriptions fee or even free ones with more updated data.. I am researching on St Mary/ St Clair areas at the moment..

12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Jacque is great, but not sure if she buys for those areas .

13. skater

skater Well-Known Member

She is, but think her specialties' lie in the Hills area.

sash likes this.
  14. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Aww thanks @Sackie @skater you are too kind :)
    Sadly we only go as far west as Blacktown now. My small team's local knowledge can only extend so far. Predominantly the Hills, upper and lower north shore, Parra, Ryde, Hornsby and Inner West FYI. I do know @Propertunity had a BA out west however so he'd be a good start. Best wishes with your search @Katemonty

15. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

That's what I thought too but didn't see it on his profile earlier so I dropped it.

16. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I don't think the OP is looking anymore. This is an old thread of nearly 12 months, but was commented on by somebody else with, it seems, a vested interest in promoting a BA who isn't even from the same State.