Travel & Holidays Business Class Airfare - where to get the best deal.

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by hillsguy, 27th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

The non bill gates side of me (which is pretty much most of me)
    Says that even if busienss class was 2x prices of economy I'd still fly economy

I'd rather do two trips than one trip posh

I don't fully know how different first and busienss is But if first was 2x economy, I'd still think about it

Any flight less than 7 hrs I'm happy to slum it in economy

Long haul includes lounge access so its more valuable to me.

Someone said if that were the case I should travel economy and just pay the $60 odd for lounge access and save heaps

I love lounges, the tight wad in me makes me eat up so I Don t have to buy on the plane

Harry30 likes this.
  2. Tony3008

Tony3008 Well-Known Member

Business class to UK on Singapore Airlines is around 4x economy. I have had a couple of free upgrades to business in the class and have been very happy to accept but there's no way I could justify the cost - it might be different if I were flying on business and had to get off the plane straight into a high power meeting.

I go for economy exit row seats at around $60/leg ($240 total assuming all four are available) which gives me what I really want: unlimited legroom. Last time I got offered the chance to bid for an 'upgrade' to premium economy but let it go as I might have found myself on a window seat and not so free to get up and stretch if the aisle passenger was asleep.

3. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

For me, a decent sleep cannot be had unless I'm virtually flat .. Hence business and first I love...

But if work was paying for it, bring it on!!!!

4. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

But when you cannot spend even a fraction of your earnings (even flying business class ) would you not rather spend it on yourself or would yoi give it to your children do they can fly first class ?

5. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

I know a guy worth about $12mil who is tighter than a fish's ********.

He still will not spend money on himself or his only daughter even though he will soon inherit about $20mil. On holidays he stays in $30 hotels, going out for dinner is $10 meals, he was even renting out rooms his house to make extra money. He doesn't give to charities. has $3mil cash in the bank.

He could not spend all his money even if he tried.

He is of an ethnic/religious group renowned for not spending money.

I just can't understand why he doesn't increase his spending by 100 times. His kid is going to be worth a fortune.

I know another guy that just whinges about work all day long, he is not as tight, but does't spend much either. His passive income is probably 4 times his average spending. Yet he won't quit his job or retire - not kids either, and no spouse, gay and lives in a paid off terrace in the inner city.

What is wrong with these sorts of people!

6. HomePage

HomePage Well-Known Member

Given the security afforded to them by their financial position and that they don't seem to need to spend money on themselves to achieve happiness, they are likely wondering what's wrong with everyone else :)

Terry_w likes this.
  7. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Nothing wrong with those people,and they don't care what people think ,and would not worry looking to the outside world as a fool..

8. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

But the are miserable....

9. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

I have traveled budget economy and I have traveled business class ,
    I prefer Business Class

10. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Sure. I prefer the comfort of first class.

But I wouldn't pay for it with my current budget.

Price Accounting provide tax services and advice to developers on issues incl GST, Tax + Structure. Our free developer toolkit covers many of the key elements and is critical to a new development tax plan. Email for your copy and our new client pack.