BUSINESS Australian house values have fallen $36 billion so far this year

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Pete Arendt, 18th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. skater

skater Well-Known Member

OK, lets just call a spade a spade, shall we? I have huge issues with anyone making wild comments about the 'Australian Property Market', because Australia is made up of hundreds, maybe even thousands of markets within markets. To state that the Australian Property Market will get broad drops of 8-10%, or 10-20% is incorrect, as it is not one market. Sydney & Melbourne have had a good run, there's already been some drops in some areas & there's likely more to come. That's what's happening out on the streets currently, so no surprises there.

It is usually those that are relatively new to investing that make these statements, & then I see that you've got (or had) a 'Property Investing Business", and I wonder just exactly how anyone who is so new to property can possibly grow an ethical business out of property. Not saying that it can't happen, but it has been my experience that it's highly unlikely.

So now you are out of property & into shares. OK, nothing wrong with that, but the below quote comes off as if you are trying to tell experienced property investors to suck eggs & that none of us understand how the economy works which comes across as being very condescending.

It's great that you've studied these subjects at Uni, & been able to put your education to use in the real world.

Last edited: 20th Sep, 2018
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Now.. are we certain of this..? :p

Jaxon Avery likes this.
  3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Stiring the pot, I see........:D

Sackie likes this.
  4. Jaxon Avery

Jaxon Avery Well-Known Member

and also you cannot
    So now you are out of property & into shares. OK, nothing wrong with that, but the below quote comes off as if you are trying to tell experienced property investors to suck eggs & that none of us understand how the economy works which comes across as being very condescending.

It's great that you've studied these subjects at Uni, & been able to put your education to use in the real world.[/QUOTE]

Mate seems like your trying to fight every point, I love property I have and will continue to largely invest my personal finances in property, developments and renos.

I am not trying to tell anyone to do anything actually, was just saying this is what I see and also gave the truthful statement that there are certain things that can alter my statement to ring false.

Mate largely self educated, my opinions is not based on Uni, although there is nothing wrong with it.

I never said you do or do not know, nor have I said you should or shouldnt, can or cant.

maybe your reading what I am stating in a way I never intended,

If your happy I would like to end with I have an agenda, opinion and goals as I'm sure you do and every other living human.

I was simply giving my view as I thought it may be valuable to some (clearly not you haha)

and lastly, I believe you believe there is thousands of markets and thats it.

I believe there is a global economy then you can define each transaction of each business as its own economy if you wanted to but I prefer to believe both the larger and smaller matter and are both there.

Wish you all the best mate, maybe just try to ask before assuming.

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

sooowy.. dats what boredom does at times:oops:. For the record I'm the first to agree with you re market within markets. Too often the average person (even 'experienced' investors') still see an entire state as just 1 big market. BBzz! Wrong.