Burst water pipe under concrete patio

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Adelaide, 2nd Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Adelaide

Adelaide Well-Known Member

The water bill came in $250 more than expected. The plumber rang today and said the pipe under the concrete is bleeding water. I rang the insurance company cause he said to.

It burst in February while I was overseas so had the same plumber replace the copper pipe from metre to front of the house. That's how I know the copper point was a meter underground.

Now it's burst under the concrete so I said to my new plumber - replace the pipe. No point digging up concrete and digging out a meter of sand to replace it. Might as well replace the rest of the pipe in a way that damages the concrete the least.

The pipes are all at the back of the house but there is a 4metre patio connected to the house with concrete.

Any one had experience with replacing copper pipes under concrete and what you can claim from insurance companies - CGU? I hadn't thought to put a claim in till it was mentioned.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Depends on where it runs but you will still need to terminate the copper If you find an alternative route. Lodge a claim with the insurer to see If they'll organise the trades to fix.