Burke Street Shooting

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 20th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I heard on the radio it was a car chase that ended up with pedestrians injured (one killed). That was nearly an hour ago and this is more recent, more dead now.

3. neK

neK Well-Known Member

What the f.......
    One toddler has died and others injured....

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Thanks, Not good

5. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

It started in the morning apparently when Police removed a girl from the car, she claimed she was being held hostage. The car going round and round doing burnouts in front of Flinders Street Station is shocking. He then turned into Bourke Street and mowed people down. 3 dead so far and 20 injured 3 of those are serious. Thoughts and prayers with them all.

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

David Leyonhjelm (Liberal Democrats) has put up another ludicrous tweet (or is it a twit)? Some jibe about the car being a semi-automatic.

No brownie points there. :eek:

datto likes this.
  7. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

Such a sad day for our city. Almost makes you cry when you see the news. Awful what drugs do society. My heart goes out to the poor families.

Mustafa Salehi likes this.
  8. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

9. herenow

herenow Well-Known Member

Hard to understand how someone with his history could be on bail. So horrible for all the victims and witnesses who now have to live with this.

10. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

Poor baby.. can only imagine the horror the mother is going through :oops:. My thoughts go out to the families

11. Ouchmyknees

Ouchmyknees Well-Known Member

I work in the building right next to the one where he eventually crushed his car. First it was two loud gunshot immediately followed by siren, my first reaction was terrorist attack. Then the building warden announced lockdown and asked tenants not to leave the office. The maroon car and the man was right under our window so we all saw how police striped him to his red underwear.
    Two girls in my team were having coffee in the coffee shop next door to the crush site when it happened, one of them almost got injury trying to shed the other girl who is 7 months pregnant from the panic pedestrians seeking shelter in the coffee shop. They both had panic attack so we tried to get ambulance for the pregnant girl but we couldn't get one near the building as there are so many injuries and three casualties. Eventually the ambulance came and took the pregnant girl.

12. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I don't think those fellas with the base ball bat should have chased and hit the car.

Unless they could have smacked the crazy driver in the head and stopped him then OK.

But to hit the back of the car with the bat would have only aggravated the driver.

Ted Varrick and Colin Rice like this.
  13. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

I was wondering why they had bats on spencer st anyway- they're lucky they weren't ran over.

If he had have been taken away at the weekend after he was charged with car theft and assault this would have been avoided. It seems that you can do whatever you want and still walk amongst the community whilst being a danger to everyone

Mustafa Salehi and datto like this.
  14. Ouchmyknees

Ouchmyknees Well-Known Member

He's gonna use insanity defense now for sure.

15. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Whether he can use S38 of the mental health act would be debatable.

16. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately another (4th) victim has passed on. I got off the train at flinders st after 4pm and there was a bit of confusion going on with police and ambos everywhere - had no idea something this serious had happened. Obviously all trams stopped and buses diverted so peak commuting was a bit chaotic too.

The Y-man

17. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

10 year old boy :(

18. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    Bourke Street driver identified as James 'Jimmy' Gargasoulas

The man who allegedly mowed down around two dozen people in Melbourne's CBD on Friday, killing four and injuring 20 others, has a history of drug use, violence and psychological problems.

James "Jimmy" Gargasoulas, 26, was bailed by a bail justice on the weekend after he was arrested in St Kilda for a number of alleged offences, including family violence and stealing another car, sources said.

... read more

Last edited by a moderator: 21st Jan, 2017
  19. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Very sad news and deepest condolsences for the dearly departed from this very sad event.

20. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

Police should have just shot him dead. This scumbag offers nothing to society.