Bunnings supplied/installed Dux HWS?

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by mini2, 29th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mini2

mini2 Well-Known Member

Got a busted NG HWS system at the moment, found Bunnings online and the overall cost seems to be lower than what my plumber had quoted. Have anyone tried using Bunnings for the install before and what was the experience like?

Thanks.

2. Chivaun.Shortis

Chivaun.Shortis Well-Known Member

The HWS from bunnings will not include the extra parts for the connection which may increase the price. As long as the have guarantee of their work should be fine. They would have to have someone licensed to install it anyway.

3. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

From memory, I understand that Dux HWS are not flash in the quality/reliability department.

Elives likes this.
  4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

All quotes for HWS by plumbers wont include extra for a new pressure value etc ....Or often to retrofit existing connections to match. A temperature value may be mandatory too if old one didnt have one. But these are same even if not using Dux. I had such a quote from a plumber who walked up and agreed we didnt need anything new and so base quoted price was spot on.

I would ask your plumber what their view on model comparison is. They may agree to install a dux cheaper but say they dont recommend it....

Bunnings must use a licensed plumber and their workmanship comes with the clout of a large name. If you complained they would be sent back to fix any issue at no cost. Install of HWS is simple for plumbers.

5. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

I got my solar hws from Bunnings a few years ago and was very happy.