Builder/ trades recommendations- Brisbane

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by CazMez, 15th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. CazMez

CazMez Member

First time poster!
    Bought first PPOR.
    There is an indoor pond that is pretty big which we need to knock down and fill in, a couple of mini-walls to tear down and some minor layout changes, +/- updating a bathroom and powder room.
    Thinking we will need a builder to help us due to the pond situation.
    We are base Brisbane, North side. Hoping for recommendations as we are pretty new to this and already feeling very over our heads!

Thanks!
    Caz

2. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

Indoor pond , I can't even picture that :) good luck !

3. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Yes I would like to see the indoor pond I don't know if this is a typo or actually a thing I have been to a very wealthy person's house on the Mooloolaba spit and they had a whole monstrous pond running through the house but that was a very modern house with a yacht out the front.
    Anyhow I'm interested in following who people recommend I'm always on the hunt for reliable handyman who can do work at a reasonable price I have a few jobs I want done on my PPOR

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  4. CazMez

CazMez Member

Lol! It's not a monstrous pond! Think a 2.5 (0r 2,not sure)m by 1m rectangular enclosure built into the concrete slab with a bridge over the top. As the house is still on realestate.com not too keen to put up pics until we settle (will be in 2 weeks). I am trying to get rough quotes from builders off the build plan but no one seems interested. I think business must be good or my job is too small.

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  5. Brengun

Brengun Member

Doea this house happen to be on acerage?

6. CazMez

CazMez Member

Oh no.. just a normal suburbia house. Wish we have an acreage and the income to maintain one.

7. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

I personally use Hipages for all my trades, electrician & tilers so far, have hired a builder to start doing some Major work next month (had 4 Quotes) and he is well under the other 3 because of going out on his own. I’m Northside Brisbane as well I’ll let you know how he goes otherwise just post your job up on the App and get some Quotes, easy as.