Builder required for toilets

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by EvaF, 29th Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. EvaF

EvaF New Member

Hello, I am looking for a builder (or plumber?) In Sydney south west who can build 2 toilets adjacent to a restaurant. A council inspection found there is no fire rating to the existing ones as they are adjacent to the wall of the neighbouring property. Advice so far from the architect employed at the time was that they have to be torn down & rebuilt. I am looking for someone with experience in small projects such as this as this as cannot afford the $$$ of the bigger companies. Alternatively, a builder who can provide professional advise as to how to fire rate them without tearing them down, that would be even better! A third option is they they are rebuilt within the restaurant. Thankyou

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

If these are for a commercial premises you should contact a small commercial builder or Shopfitters in the area.

To achieve the required fire ratings, the walls will need to be masonry or AAC unless the architect has designed a conforming lightweight solution.

The tear down solution is required as you are protecting the structure from external sources of fire not just from a fire coming from within the enclosures.

3. EvaF

EvaF New Member

Thanks for your quick response Scott. I have a lot to learn!