Builder recommendations Melton South

Discussion in 'Development' started by Kegs86, 3rd Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kegs86

Kegs86 Active Member

Hey guys,
    I am looking for any recommendations for builders around Melton area.
    I have a 10.5 x 28 lot and was wondering if anyone else has built on this size lot and what you were able to squeeze on it.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

Why not talk to an architect?

3. Kegs86

Kegs86 Active Member

Would it be worth paying for an architect and going through an independent builder for an investment?
    How would you go about it? Would I have to pay for the architect to come up with something that I may not use??

Cheers Greg,

4. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

A good architect will respond to your brief, and consider structure as part of the design (good design is not about being "pretty" but functional, sensible, structurally sound, workable solutions - "pretty" is the least of the considerations, or should be)
    A good architect will also be able to maximise the development opportunity and ultimately ensure that a builder's price will be the best possible price.
    Using a builder to pretty much tell you what he (or she) wants to build for you and how much they are going to charge you removes any chance if independent assessment or comparison

Oh, and not all architects are created equal - do your homework (just like selecting builder or indeed any other party to the project)

Kegs86 likes this.
  5. Kegs86

Kegs86 Active Member

Thanks Tufan, Will be in touch!

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.