Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Builder needed in Adelaide

Discussion in 'Development' started by Posnow, 14th Oct, 2016.

1. Posnow

Posnow Member

Wondering if perhaps members who are SA based can help me with some recommendations of builders in Adelaide who are reputable?
    Want to build a couple of townhouses there (have land) but I'm from VIC so don't know which builders there are the right size and have a good reputation and some good examples of their work.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks in advance!

2. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I don't know the area but @DT is a local and a developer who is very well regarded on the forum.

3. D.T.

D.T. Adelaide Property Manager Business Member

What area is it in? The target audience will determine what spec is required, then find a builder to suit.

Or if you read Bradys recent development thread, he used a building broker to get builders to bid on it.

4. DaveM

DaveM Adelaide Buyers Agent & KFC Strategist Business Member

Depending on the target area and demographic, a number of volume builders down here have duplex and townhouse/row house options now, which can make building vs a bespoke builder much cheaper. Just do internal finishes after handover

5. Posnow

Posnow Member

Thanks DT. It's in Port Adelaide. I found Brady's thread, but how do I find a "building broker"?

DaveM, thank you. Do you know which volume builders these are that do townhouses? Other than me just googling "Adelaide builders" and making a heap of phone calls i'm not sure where to start to find someone.

6. DaveM

DaveM Adelaide Buyers Agent & KFC Strategist Business Member

7. Posnow

Posnow Member

8. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

I didn't end up proceeding with the building broker - I was able to achieve better results on my own.
    Rossdale were in the upper end of my costings.

I used Metro Development - happy to pass on details if you need. Sales guy dealt with was great, he's a developer himself - backend staff wasn't that good. Project Manager I orginally had was terrible during - literally zero communication with me. During the build he left and new project manager came on board, he was excellent.

Have collegues who have used Eastern Building Group - they were also pretty reasonable on price. Another is dealing with them now.

What stage are you @Posnow and what are you looking for the builder to assist with. Best result I see are if you have everything done sorted and you're literally just getting builders to quote on apples v apples - if you haven't selected everything, you're expecting the builder to assist with different things like drawings, timber/steele calculation, engineering etc then no point trying to tender might as well just pick one builder.

Gingin likes this.