Budgeting and Finance Apps

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Redwing, 23rd Jan, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I have seen people use well intentioned apps for small business work eg invoicing. This may be a idea and helpful tool but I have seen people use foreign versions that dont issue complying tax invoices and even local products that are pretty poor. eg Unrecoverable data or even obligations to use quite expensive integrated card payments with high fees. The security of data is also a issue to consider.

It can also be helpful to have a fully integrated solution that encompasses basic accounting, invoices, single touch payroll and GST etc with useful APIs stitched on to the side that help with managing other functions such as jobs etc

Regrettably many people kick start using the wrong thing and think they have a wonderful solution when it does just part of the work. Often well worth engaging with their accountant early. I have a $20 a month software solution that I guarantee will save you at least its own cost in annual and BAS costs etc. My aim is to teach each client to do as much as they want so they can save. We avoid all the costly horrible efforts and focus on the primary efforts and advice.

KayTea and cberg86 like this.
  3. thesuperman

thesuperman Well-Known Member

Mind sharing the name of that software solution? Thanks :)

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

www.sageone.com.au

Its a professionals to client product. Not retail. But this its its "retail". Sage dont want to get into retail like Xero and MYOB. Both products suffer as a result but win through with volume users. Frankly after 15 years of MYOB we walked away and have never looked back. We still support them but dont push either as they make our job harder. Its designed to save us (accountants and users) time and be user friendly at same time. Sage is one of the world biggest providers of accounting and payroll.

Last edited: 24th Jan, 2020
    Redwing likes this.