Broadbeach Gold Coast

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by big max, 17th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. big max

big max Well-Known Member

An article on Broadbeach here. A very liveable spot indeed:

nocookies

733 likes this.
  2. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

It's a nice spot.

You'll find me watching sunrise there most mornings, coffee in hand.

Observer and big max like this.
  3. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Yes, the infamous Broadbeach where the ex Qld Premier Campbell Newman bought in the anti-bikie laws (anti association type laws) due to the bikie brawl in the restaurant precinct on a Saturday full of families...he claimed his laws would 'reclaim the rights of citizens to enjoy their local community' - from recollection he went too far which lost him a lot of support (insisting on humiliating bikie's imprisoned with pink prison uniforms) ...

4. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Absolutely love it... need a PPOR there :)

IMAG1298 (1).jpg

5. big max

The crackdown on bikies was awesome. This was really the beginning of the big boom now underway. But like cockroaches they will come back if we are not vigilant. We need to keep the pressure on criminal scum, not just in Queensland but Australia-wide. Queensland may have largely kicked them out but many have relocated to NSW and WA. What is needed are stronger criminal sentences against these scum.

newbie1234 and HUGH72 like this.
  6. big max

It really is an awesome place. Can pretty much only get an Apartment there now. Houses are all gone. But houses still available in Broadbeach waters and Mermaid Beach if you have the cash :)

7. Rich2011

Do you think a house in MM waters or Broadbeach waters will have good capital growth over the next 5-10 years?

8. big max

Yes. I would say VERY good capital growth. I'm picking 15%pa for each year over next 5 years. Really boom times lie ahead for these locations. Also Mermaid Beach and Mermaid Waters.

9. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.

10. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

All bikies are criminals are they? I bloke with a Harley Davidson can't even go for a ride without being questioned now. It is beyond a joke.

11. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I highly doubt it will do 15% p.a. year on year for the next 5 years, only time will tell...

12. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

@big max calling prices to double in next 5 years.

Well, it has happened in the past.

The market is too volatile (or maybe I just don't understand it enough) for me to have an opinion on how likely this may be.

Lets see!

13. big max

If you dress like a gangster, have tattoos like a gangster, ride a loutish bike associated with criminal gangs, etc, then yes - all of these things will draw scrutiny from law enforcement, and rightly so. This is a price we should happily pay to ensure that criminal elements stay away from our city. But provided you are not speeding or committing other crimes, if you are stopped and have an understanding attitude you will be on your way in to time - chill out - it all good.

newbie1234, HUGH72 and JDP1 like this.
  14. big max

Think about it - Mermaid is paying around 5% yield for houses and 6% for apartments. WAY better value compared to markets already peaked like Sydney and Melb. Huge population increases on their way to GC, Com Games coming, huge amount of overseas marketing underway, Asian buyers still just a trickle but will really ramp up next 5 years, low AUD very very positive for the CG tourism-based economy, massive construction boom underway that will lead to a multiplier effect in the GC economy. I could go on, but its really looking good...

15. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

@big max
    Im just curious what your occupation is.

16. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

I was wearing normal clothes on my Harley and my mate was on my other Harley and we got pulled over by the cops and they continued to question us asking who do we ride for and other stupid questions. We were cooperative yet they continued asking us questions like we had done something wrong. My wife's best friend is a cop so it's not like we dont like them.

17. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I understand what is happening, I might not be as in touch as you but I am very skeptical of 15% p.a. year on year for 5 years. Which as @Steven Ryan mentioned in his post is doubling in five years (kind of what I was alluding to).

Only time will tell.

kierank likes this.
  18. Rich2011

Houses that are now selling say in Broadbeach waters for 800k, what would they have been in the peak of the boom just before the GFC?

19. Player

Player Well-Known Member

Probably about the same as now, Rico. The bottom here was around late 2012 to early 2013 and prices are roughly up to where they would have been in late 2007. We are well into recovery and should see prices north from here. For how long.....who knows?

BTW, 800 K won't get you very much house *** in Broadbeach Waters or Mermaid Waters these days. It will be a renovator/detonator or if it is semi-decent out on the fringe hugging Bermuda street and Bundall road so at least 3-4 km from the beach and cafes, etc.

*** Edit..........Sorry should explain, that 800 K won't get you much waterfront house. Dry block is a different story. Hope my initial post didn't mislead

Last edited: 19th Jan, 2016
  20. Rich2011

Thanks, I know 700-800 is for a dry block, interesting that the current values are what they were back in the peak of the boom. If you see any bargains on a dry block let me know, free beers on offer :D.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice