Brisbane - when will be peak of current cycle?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by djyella, 12th Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Brisbane - when will be peak of current cycle?

1. H1 2021

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. H2 2021

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. H1 2022

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. H2 2022

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. H1 2023

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  6. H2 2023

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  7. H1 2024 or after

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

What internationals ?

The returning Aussies ? Have you not heard you can't get in even if your an Aussie ???

NSW has smashed all of QLD, and with the premier keeping the place closed, and many QLDers seemingly liking it, if I am asked to be frank, they can have the place....

I will be selling up....and only wish I ignored many "experts" and wish I bought more in regional NSW.....even with extra taxes, would be better off.

This virus has shown how much politics can really cripple the weak of mind, it has not been, and will not be the only pandemic or crisis...

Thankful I do not own any FNQ tourist businesses, I feel real sorry for them, would like too see how they all vote next...anyways, NSW has best economy and they have remained the most bus friendly and the best place to park and grow money IMO, watch everyone run when the next lot of big water hits Bris....hopefully I will be out completely by then.

Last edited by a moderator: 24th Nov, 2020
  2. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

I missed out on a house for my Dad in early 2013 in Seven Hills (Sydney). Guide was 'Low 400s' and I made an offer right after the Saturday open of $399k which was rejected, with no counter, within a couple of hours. I called back on Monday morning to make another offer and they'd accepted an offer and exchanged on Sunday morning for $405k which was like a kick in the guts back then. I would have actually paid $415k for it and told the agent so, but she didn't care as they had more listings than staff available to resource them and 2% of $10k wasn't worth it to her to do her job. It's probably worth around $800k now and my Dad's whole life plan ended up changing (moved out of Sydney).

Total thread drift....sorry.

- Andrew

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

We all have stories on the ones that got away I suspect.

Someone I know was gonna buy something on outskirts of syd, they and vendor stuck over 2k, my advice was just pay them, a number if years later they were saying how they wish they paid and 2 k seemed like nothing, it had more than doubled in value.

MyPropertyPro likes this.
  4. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Thread drift response but that area dropped 10-15% overnight in March this yr. It's starting to build slowly but still off its peak in 2017.

5. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Yeah sure - I have heard it all before. Nothing you have said is new except for the vaccines.
    Trust me when I say - I so want to be proven wrong beyond believe that you are correct.

6. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Well lucky I'm not here to try and prove anything to you mate! Just calling it as I see it.

Parts of BNE are already moving. The suburbs I was buying in this time last year are showing median house price growth of around 10% according to core logic.

Banyo +9%
    Brighton +10%
    Sandgate +11%.

In the suburbs i've been buying in this year, you can see online search interest is up, number of new listings is down, vendor discounting is reducing, days on market is down, vacancy rates are tightening, and rents are pushing up- all typical data points of a market on the move. Backing this up is the anecdotal feedback of properties selling after first open with strong multiple offers, and even some properties going under contract before first open.

It feels solid, but agree time will tell.

7. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

I've visited Brighton and Sandgate so not surprised given the obvious lifestyle appeal. Surely Redcliffe Peninsula suburbs are due for some real growth ie- Margate, Clontarf, Woody Point and Redcliffe. A lot of older homes and still an older population in parts but from what I have seen online (haven't visited) there's surely a similar lifestyle appeal here with transport and distance to CBD being the main downside.

Much has been made of a WFH shift to the regions but we could also see a shift to some outer city suburbs with scenic, lifestyle orientated appeal.

Angel and fols like this.
  8. Squirrell

Squirrell Well-Known Member

Im looking at brissy for inv property options, round 5to600k. Any recommendations on areas and buyers agents.

9. tom72

tom72 Member

Been looking at buying a house in the Redcliffe area, what an absolute nightmare. Low supply, houses being sold within 7 days

Found one house but has been on the market for 10 months but can't figure out why it hasn't sold. Thinking it's the neighbours but not 100% convinced.

Would appreciate it if somebody could PM me and give me their opinion from an outsider!

Alissa likes this.
  10. Alissa

Alissa Member

Just a general observation - I have been looking sporadically now for the last year. In the last 4-6 weeks, property seems to be flying off the shelf in comparison to previous months experiences. There have been three properties I have been seriously interested in recently and it has been a multiple offer situation on all accounts, one sold on the first day, one was under offer when I turned up to the first scheduled inspection and the third property had 5 offers after 2 days of being listed. For context I am looking at townhouses in inner city 5k-6km from CBD.

ChrisP73 and tom72 like this.
  11. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

Anyone got any market intel on houses in western suburbs (Indooroopilly/ taringa ) . I haven’t kept my finger on the pulse recently . We bought an investment house in taringa on 630m2 in may 2017 for $815k just looking to get a feel of value would have increased much .

12. Pier1

Pier1 Well-Known Member

Probably inline with suburb average if same for same
    $930k at a guess

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  13. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

Thanks mate !