QLD Brisbane up to 930k budget - Where to buy

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by simplevalues, 24th Apr, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. simplevalues

simplevalues Well-Known Member

Hi yesterday I had posted regarding buying two properties in Perth but today hubby is keen to check back brisbane for a 930k budget. Where would you recommend ? Purely for capital growth so yield is not a problem.

Editing to add that based on my research we are considering Ferny hills ,ferny grove on the west side and birkdale on the east side. Are these good options?

ndpjai likes this.
  2. Headlong

Headlong Well-Known Member

Both Ferny's are good in my opinion.
    930k also buys a lot in Aspley

3. INvestorperth

INvestorperth Active Member

Keperra. Next to mitchellton so gets dragged up. Good long term growth. 10-12km from the cbd

4. simplevalues

Thank you …yes just saw that thanks for that suggestion…what is ur advise on north lakes

5. simplevalues

Thanks yes though not sure if will get something decent without lot of work to be done

6. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

McDowall, Carseldine maybe

7. MelindaJennison

MelindaJennison Brisbane Buyer's Agent & QPIA Business Member

My tip ... consider what Brisbane will be like 10 years from now. Don't just look at Brisbane as it is today. Our city is changing rapidly. Property investing in most instances is a long term proposition so you always should be considering the end game. This is so important to consider when it comes to location selection. Every suburb is different so you have to consider what makes one better than another. Things to consider are those that contribute to the local drivers of supply and demand such as demographics, vacancy rates, land zoning, accessibility, lifestyle etc.

8. JS-C0nfus3d18

JS-C0nfus3d18 Active Member

Have you considered Upper Kedron, next to Ferny Grove? Totally family oriented streets and one of the safest suburbs of Brisbane, newer houses and within proximity to FG train and upcoming shopping centre, but you might have to stretch your budget little to get something there

Good luck!

9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I have a house in Birkdale, great quiet place and close to the water. Just looked at the suburb medians. Holy ****, my gosh.... Screenshot_20220517-083754_RP Data.jpg

10. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

For investment I think Brisbane's had it's run. Maybe it will go up another 5% or something but I don't think there's big gains left in this cycle.
    I think your Perth idea is better

samiam likes this.
  11. Sam123456

Sam123456 Well-Known Member

I'd aim for a developable block in a decent area in Perth, wait out the current labour issue in Perth and then develop when you had enough cash.

Here's an example but you'd have to do proper research, can council etc (I just took a cursory look at it being R40 and over 500sqm), to see if setbacks etc would be feasible to build another house at the back, subdivide and bring the front house up to snuff:

https://www.domain.com.au/129-grand...tm_source=Android app&utm_medium=sharelisting

There will be others on the forum with experience in this in Perth.