QLD Brisbane Property Q3 2018

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Rozz, 1st Jul, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Of course BCC is squeaky clean too..

2. Rozz

Rozz Well-Known Member

I agree. Any thoughts if they'd slot this in among the existing lines and stations? It might mean using some of the reserved IRTC land at the gc end.

Is there another route inland between gc and bris?

3. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Well the current mayor's already been referred to the cmc for selling public parklands to a political donor at half market price

gman65 likes this.
  4. Coxy89

Coxy89 Well-Known Member

Bris developer likes this.
  5. Whitecat

Yes that Highgate hill one was a steal Basically got a splitter block for the median price

6. twistedstats

twistedstats Well-Known Member

7. Whitecat

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  8. Whitecat

I played around with some data that I found see attachment. I got it from here :
    What we can learn from Australia's median house prices from 1970-2016
    some of you will be familiar with this particular data set and I think someone has done a full graph of it. I picked a few figures periodically just to get a bit of a sense of historically what was happening. however I did not cherry-pick these figures I really just couldn't be bothered trying to type them all in. . What is interesting is that Brisbane sits at about 60% of the Sydney price over the long run (or at least since 1970). It currently sits at about 48% so this is very consistent with what @sashhas been saying about Brisbane and Sydney typical cycles that we should see the gap close. By the looks of things from what I'm reading that will come through Sydney dropping rather than Brisbane rising very much at least in the next few years as qld economy isn't going to be booming anytime soon. although getting better jobs are still tough It's interesting what a wave the graph creates when I plotted the Brisbane price as a percentage of Sydney Quite a nice wave.
    Anyway someone may want to block the whole data set or linked to where it was that that was done. I added in the latest prices as of this week because the data set only goes up to 2016 it's interesting the article tells people to buy buy. That would have been a bad time

Attached Files:

2FAST4U, MWI, Francesco and 3 others like this.
  9. Whitecat

Brisbane booms are resource driven. Interesting article to see when Brisbane rises in a big way relative to other places.
    That was no property boom, these were property booms - SmartCompany
    Brisbane has a lot going for it in terms of infrastructure but the real gains are probably still going to be driven by mining (same with Rocky, Mackay, Tville, Cairns).
    What is happening with QLD mines? That should be an important focus for those invested in Brisbane.

2FAST4U, BST and Patrick Bateman like this.
  10. Bris developer

Bris developer Well-Known Member

Yes 1.575 was correct price. Pretty good buying. Bear in mind it was prob more suitable as a medium term unit site rather than a splitter as next door is unit blocks

Was less than ideal as the alignment of the lots was such that only the RHS home would get city views

Also Highgate Hill has very narrow and steep streets which can impact its desirability vs east bris or west end

Having said that post war splitters so hard to find in inner bris so the buyer is fairly happy I am certain!

Sackie and Whitecat like this.
  11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

12. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

Hey @Leo2413 i went to the auction of this one today , passed in at $1.35m. Apparently the owners reckon they can get $1.6million (no chance of that). Might sell for $1.4m we will see.

13. fx hedge

fx hedge Member

Any on the ground observations from Corinda/Oxley and Mitchelton areas please?

14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Passed in at 1.35?? He's either insane or waay over capitalised on the build. Waiting for 1.6m?? hehe

I guess the 'will be SOLD' bluff was called too.

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  15. Patrick Bateman

Hahhahah it actually looks really nice in person (better than the photos), they MIGHT stretch someone to $1.4m but I’ll eat my hat if they get $1.6m. It was an owner builder apparently ...

16. kcbworth

kcbworth Well-Known Member

What are you looking for?

17. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

If he gets 1.6m...ill personally ship you your favorite bottle of wine;)

Layla and Patrick Bateman like this.
  18. fx hedge

fx hedge Member

I have houses there so just wanting an idea of how the market is tracking

19. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Doing some analysis and I feel that Brisbane is where Sydney was at in 2013-2014....or Melbourne in 2015-216.

Over the next 3 years...this growth is going to increase as part of the normal cycle. By 2021-2022...that market would have moved significantly.

Lots of people are skeptical about Brissie the but the cycle is heading there.

I plan to exit out of 3-4 of my Brissie properties then. I own 7 there and they were bought over the years for about 1.9m....I am planning for most of these to double...I expect have $2m in equity by 2022. The current value if around $2.5m. So plan to get about $1.5m in equity by then.

20. Patrick Bateman

Love it mate, hope you are right! Bring it on :) hell I’d be happy with 30% over the next 5 years