QLD Brisbane or Perth??

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Nikki P, 13th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Which city will perform better over the next 10 years?

1. Brisbane

43 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. Perth

25 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Dont worry then. If you bought anything in Melb and Sydney you made money. You cant compare your Melb properties to Perth/Brisbane.

2. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

If you are gaining it, that is awesome. If I had the same amount, I would gained more than mil by investing a mil by just investing in Melbourne.

I have just started. But I strongly feel that Perth will give far better value in next 5 years. We all can speculate. Definitely worth to wait and watch. :)
    I wish you all the best as well.

Regards

ellejay likes this.
  3. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Easily said than done my friend. LOL - I hope you the best if you think making 1 million is that easy you should be retired by the end of 2018 then and you just started your investment journey.

What was your plan just to buy 1 million house, sit on it and sell for 2 million right all within what? 12 months?

Post APRA days and when your in my situation its not so easy to do like many on here who own 10,15 or 20 properties.

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

5. ashish1137

Refer to this thread. It is through guidance of some savvy investors that I started and did well. So, I came across some awesome deals and am pretty confident that if I had a mil, I would have made a mil.

I know it is easier said than done. but consider it this way; I had 100k and after investing in two properties, I should get about 160k in equity. I consider myself lucky and yes, I am yet to reach the 15,20,25 property stage and it is a loooong way to go.

Cheers

JohnPropChat, Sackie and ellejay like this.
  6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I wouldn't get too caught up on the number of properties. Look at your overall portfolio LVR and how individual properties are performing. Some people have 15 properties and they are yet to break the 1mil equity mark while others might have 3 or 4 and surpass the mil mark. Nothing wrong with having a large portfolio but the key is for each property to be the best deal you can get considering risk taken on, and not just to 'add one more' to the bunch which many newbies think is the way to go.

Whitecat, icic, Tranquilo and 2 others like this.
  7. ashish1137

Completely Agreed.

cheers

8. propertylad

propertylad Well-Known Member

I've just used Pumped on Property (BA) which is significantly cheaper than most approx. $7k. At the end of the day all I really needed was someone to inspect properties and confirm my research. I think it was great value compared to most BA's charging up to $18k!

9. Nick Bow

Nick Bow Member

Would love to know how the process was proplad. Looking to engage a Brisbane based BA very shortly.

10. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

I think the new fundamental to add to the list is Chinese interest. Was definitely a fundamental for Sydney Melbourne the last few years. Get that semi-legal and illegal money out of China and into clean and safe Australian (or Canada or Auckland) property. This will come back again. Brisbane needs some of that if its going to compete. Locals vs locals (even considering southern migrants) won't jump prices to the extent without the Chinese billions that flowed into the aforementioned locations.

11. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Gee.... I've been doing that for free....!

ashish1137, Tranquilo and Sackie like this.
  12. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I agree in that Brisbane needs BRICS money, just like Sydney and Melbourne did. It probably won't need as much for it to boom ( because of its considerably smaller size) but it will need a fair bit.
    Brisbane us targeting Chinese and other Asian markets and that should help but it just takes a while for this to be well entrenched.
    It's happening.. Am seeing more Chinese and Indians on border security busted at Brisbane international airport with $$$$ stashed in their shoes and suitcases :) this is a good sign things are working and for Brisbane ( not really joking here)...

Whitecat likes this.
  13. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

Totally agreed. For the next big jump, 3 factors: Who's got unlimited cash and want to bring to Australia in a hurry and need to put into something safe (reads won't be got sucked out by some financial tricks); A lot of these cash carriers desperately wanted to go somewhere safe (reads their home political rivals won't be arresting them offshore; They have enough of a fugitive life and wanted to settle down, at least for their loved ones (reads family members or concubines).

Whitecat likes this.
  14. icic

icic Well-Known Member

Brisbane for it's short to medium protential.