QLD Brisbane investment suburbs

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sat, 6th Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JosephR

JosephR Member

Deal.
    I agree to disagree:).
    Thanks for the debate.

Sackie likes this.
  2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Like a gentleman. :)

Should see how some of the others carry on when they disagree. Worse than little kids.

Codie and JosephR like this.
  3. Justin_mo

Justin_mo Well-Known Member

This looks like a good deal, good rent. Good location, 4 bedrooms and cheap.

21 Wedgetail Street, Inala, Qld 4077

Since I am many months away from buying someone else should check it out.

4. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Creek is just otherside of the property, must be sitting on flood plane??

5. Justin_mo

Justin_mo Well-Known Member

Heinz57 likes this.
  6. Alex123711

Alex123711 Well-Known Member

I still don't think I've seen any positive geared yet in Brisbane? Are you talking more about Ipswich etc?

7. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

One of the big issues with developer stock, even if it appears to present good value, is that comps are based on pre-sales within the same or similar complexes. There is no genuine way to value a property unless it has hit the resale market at least once. You are taking such a risk with valuations on OTP purchases and they are usually trumped up off the back of "new build" reasoning.

This is not to say it's always the case, you may be able to buy a distressed contract, however broadly speaking I agree with @Sackie - a good buyers agent will steer away from developer/OTP stock. There is just better value to be gained elsewhere.

- Andrew

8. Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen Well-Known Member Business Member

With renting apartments we have found in our experience they are renting well compared with 2018, that market along with townhouses has healthy demand (mainly smaller complexes). Investor interest to buy apartments is very low still, mainly owner occupiers looking.

We have investors who have a definite long term profile (SMSF + low maintenance etc) and also people who have cash and definitely want near CBD who are interested in apartments and I think the ability to pick and choose carefully and bargain hard is a reasonable idea for them.

noushin SB likes this.
  9. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Much better buying than that around if you're looking for cash flow! I'm looking at one now, $400 a week rent, just over 300k asking price, 4 bed 2 bath dual living style house (all rooms legal height) on a 600m2 flat block around 25 mins to Brisbane CBD and the house is renovated! There is some fantastic buying in Brisbane at the moment.

Last edited: 18th Apr, 2019
  10. Alex123711

Whereabouts is there better buying?

11. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

I'll be putting in an offer tomorrow for a client so I can't reveal the location/property unfortunately. PM me if you need help finding properties like these.

12. Alex123711

Doesn't Inala have a bad stigma? This thread from somersoft for example lists it as one of Brisbanes worst suburbs,compparing it to Western Sydney's worst.. Also a pretty long commute if you use public transport.

Sydney suburbs vs Brisbane

QldKoolies likes this.
  13. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

You might know Inala and surrounds from such hit shows as “Struggle Street” and “Queensland Police statistics”.

QldKoolies likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.