QLD Brisbane house prices set to fall 8%?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Vin, 13th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Hi Vin,

Brisbane falling 8% (short term) is nothing compared to the situation many are going to be in come pension time. A lot of the negative articles are written by jealous, envious and bitter people who have watched year after year investors building wealth as they sulk by the sidelines, penning nonsense and fear. Not to mention, that's how they make their bread and butter.

An excerpt from the article: " "If another two or three months pass and the prices turn back up and grow strongly, in one sense our model will have been defeated," Dr Valadkhani said. "But if they continue to behave consistently with what our model predicts, we can add in extra information each month and improve the performance of the model even further."

Do you really want to base your decisions on these clueless clowns?

Choice 1: Make a good buy in Brisbane now and possibly create some short to medium term equity. Long term, very likely and probably you will have equity gain and build some wealth .

Choice 2: Let others sway you. Don't buy now. Don't ride any drop (or gains in prices as they move). Certainly don't build any wealth long term. zero chance.

Its not only an investment decision you have to make, its also a philosophical path you have to decide to choose. Many people think by doing nothing they are safe. That's one of the biggest fallacies of all time. The laws of sewing and reaping my friend. No sew, no reap.

Last edited: 15th Jul, 2015
    Toon, Hanison, HUGH72 and 1 other person like this.
  2. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Any time I read an article or a news story which borders on an opinion piece I question the motives, experience and credibility of the journalist. This applies to everything I read, real estate, politics, sport or anything else. An interesting experiment would be to collect newspaper articles both overly optimistic and pessimistic about the economy or property and file them away for at least a few years.
    Returning to the articles would confirm that firstly all stories contradicted each other, most were too pessimistic, a few were overly positive but most predictions were plainly wrong.
    Next time you read a story ask yourself is this being written by a pimple faced uni graduate with a time frame of experience no greater than a few years.

3. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Someone once said something that really stuck with me "The decision not to buy is every bit as significant as a decision to buy."

CU@THETOP likes this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Jaybean I agree with you but..

Buying, and intelligently buying are 2 very different things.

I propose the latter, into the Brisbane market is also a significant decision. :)

5. Hanison

Hanison Well-Known Member

Journalists are not in the business of property development and real estate.

Journalists are in the business of selling news papers.

MggBris, Kael, bobbyj and 2 others like this.
  6. CU@THETOP

CU@THETOP Well-Known Member

I agree. As for the Brisbane market if you hadn't purchased since 2009 then I feel your sins were forgiven until recently when the market has started to move again. I feel those who have acted and are doing so will be rewarded if the buy prudently.

7. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I've seen plenty of dullards do well out of property. Dumb luck ;)

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Azazel I agree it happens. But I'd rather focus on buying intelligently than relying on dumb luck mate.

9. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I've seen plenty of dumb asses do badly out of property too.
    What's it called if a dumb ass learns to buy intelligently? Hmm... buy-curious?

radson likes this.
  10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Or maybe they decided to educate themselves to make better purchases that will have a higher chance of actually achieving their goals in the desired timeframes?? :cool:

11. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Maybe. Those that take it to the next level, you see plenty of those people on stage at the property conferences, hehe.

12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Agree Azazel. I know quite a few ppl who have been very successful through hard work, slogging and intelligently investing go up on stage. Personally I wouldn't go up on many of those platforms as they all have their own agenda with not much regard for the actual investors/audience wanting to improve themselves.

13. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

14. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

15. TyroneS

TyroneS Well-Known Member

If Brisbane falls then I see it as a great opportunity. Though I don't see that happening because from speaking with agents and seeing a number of properties rise and turnover in the last few weeks means it's starting to move into a boom market.

Personally, the media is just trying to sell more ads since "bad news" just sells. That's how they make their money.