Brisbane floor polishing

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by gman65, 25th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

After some recommendations on floor sanding/polishing for south of Brisbane. Is not a premium property, so don't need the very best, somewhere in the middle.

From reading around, up for around $3k for a 3br place. That sound about right?

2. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

A couple of people on here recommended Alex 0433 441 723 and he did a great job. Cost just over $3000 from memory including lifting carpets etc and rubbish disposal.

gman65 likes this.
  3. Phoebe S

Phoebe S Member

Dave Speedy at Speedy Floors 0412 818 485. He did a great job on our Queenslander reno - 3 bdr, large combined living, dining and kitchen plus new staircase. Around the $4500 mark I think but the staircase took a lot of work.

gman65 likes this.
  4. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the recs..one room was already polished, just needs redoing. Thankfully I've already pulled up all the old carpet and removed all nails in the 3br, and simple box rooms, so should be relatively straightforward forward.

5. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

One of the above guys wasn't able to do it for a few weeks, other took a few days to get back to me..

So anyhow, ended up going with Cork Interiors. Business name is a bit misleading as they do all sorts of flooring work. Very pleased with the result! Their price was a bit cheaper than the other guys as well.

Really gives the place a new look, and I'm sure should be easier to secure a tenant.

The pic with the furry friend gives you a bit of an idea of the "before" with the bare boards that was under the lino.

Took about 3 days to do.. and requires a couple of days curing time. If you're planning on doing this, also plan a day or so down time cleaning the place down as most things will be covered with a fine layer of dust. I found a dry rag works best to wipe things down, I quickly found that a wet cloth just created more mess :rolleyes:

Attached Files: