QLD Brisbane does NOT look good

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JDP1, 2nd Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. apk

apk Well-Known Member

Anyone been to this auction?

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Interesting... the most expensive 10% of Brisbane performed the worst? Screenshot_20180616-203632.jpg Screenshot_20180616-203614.jpg

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

The real question is how have some of the top areas performed over the last 2-3 years. Staggering well. ;)

It's like ppl saying Sydney is going down, biggest decline since x, y and z. But how has much of Sydney AlREADY performed over last 4 years. :cool:

4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I know, completely true with Sydney. 100% growth in many areas in the most recent cycle. And I reckon you are right, top end of Brisbane has probably been the strongest segment of the Brisbane market over the past couple of years.

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Well speaking from my own purchases over the last few years: Camp Hill, Holland Park, Holland Park West, New Farm, Seven Hills, Norman Park and Morningside...Ive experienced some phenomenal growth up to 60% with free standing homes.

Codie and Gockie like this.
  6. kcbworth

kcbworth Well-Known Member

You must be doing very well with that portfolio. And just well in general to be able to buy in those areas. Incredible

7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Thanks @kcbworth. Bought at the opportunistic part of the state cycle. Probably a little early but getting perfect timing is impossible unless you're lucky. Also a couple of those are development sites so the profits will be magnified when complete. I also knew Brissy is a housing market and distance to the CBD is paramount for best results so I only focused on large blocks in the Inner and Middle rings.