QLD Brisbane does NOT look good

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by JDP1, 2nd Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep....they are the best in Ipswich. ;)

Antoni0 likes this.
  2. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

Steve also teaches the fundamentals of buying so when asking 'where to buy', there are many questions and answers that need to come first.

, now on with why Brisvagas doesn't look good....

3. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

I've been looking at East Brisbane myself personally, yields although lower then in the past are still respectable in my opinion, I've always loved older homes and homes with either city or water views and East Brissy tick those boxes for me, I'm not overly excited about the smaller land sizes but as stated the proximity to the city along with the above is enough to put it on my radar.
    Long term hold for me and again just my opinion

ycdfdyan and Tom Rivera like this.
  4. kirsty2711

kirsty2711 Member

5. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Quite a bit of East Brisbane (region, not suburb) is seeing strong capital growth as well.

Silverson and Sackie like this.
  6. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

7. apk

apk Well-Known Member

Interesting block, unapproved units on sale

What price this may fetch, land value??

8. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I would think it might sell for above land value, I don't know prices in Inala to give it an accurate price.

The house doesn't look all that great looks like a CUB did it (cashed up bogan).

apk likes this.
  9. ShireBoy

ShireBoy Well-Known Member

I don't get it. It's LMR3:
    PD Online - Property Enquiry
    But no applications against it? Was it just the builder went belly up? What would it take to get approved as a proper duplex?

apk likes this.
  10. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

Whitecat likes this.
  11. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Maybe it is a "family" home built as a residence for siblings to live side by side, or for one slumlord to reside with all the other rooms to be let privately.
    Maybe the owner/builder is from overseas and doesn't bother with Australian regulations.
    Maybe there are no firewalls and the builder cut every corner possible.

Whatever, BCC can demand it be demolished and impose huge fines. I wouldn't want something that hasn't even had the slab approved.

Contact the liquidators directly for their story, which is probably confidential.

apk likes this.
  12. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Sackie likes this.
  13. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Warner Investigation Area
    Where I live we all received a letter from Council a few months ago to advise land up the road going up for rezoning. If the proposal is approved, there would be scope for massive development in the cow paddocks and bushland between Eatons Hill and Warner. The covering letter states that the proposal is for the SEQ Regional Plan yada yada 2041, and the section closest to EH will not be touched until after the northern development at Warner is completed.

Fast forward to the uproar about "all the traffic, building more roads, not enough schools already, all those high rises" etc......

From the same people who live across the road from an industrial estate and amongst the power lines radiating from Brendale.

Rolls eyes

apk likes this.
  14. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

The way that one is set-up and the area then the title holder may well be Vietnamese ,as they don't throw their older people onto the footpath in a taxi to the nursing home ..That one is built too cater for the grandparents down too the latest baby..Good Area just not sure if the flood line in that small pocket..imho..

Whitecat and apk like this.
  15. apk

apk Well-Known Member

Interesting to see who is buying this for what price and what they are going to do with it.

16. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

Just be glad they're not apartment buildings.
    I wouldn't describe this development as high density.. they're 'terrace homes'. I reckon they're the best kind of development for progressing bne. They house a slightly higher density to fit a few more folk in but also focus on green space.
    The Grange residences sold out in eight weeks.. the demand is definitely there for boutique townhouses. I wish council would ban new apartments and just approve these now :cool:

Angel and Whitecat like this.
  17. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Building A, B, C is high density units 5 to 6 floors each from the proposal.
    I do welcome that development as the Wooloowin Area needs some face lift and being 5km from the CBD with direct train and bus transportation - higher density living is a given.
    I am guessing it won't be cheap for those terraces - $800k above if I have to take a guess.

Whitecat and vbplease like this.
  18. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

The inner city is higher density for residential and commercial. It should be more.

19. Whitecat

These should do well. Close to rail. In a beautiful character neighbourhood but without the $1m price tag of a Queenslander there.
    I think we will see a greater focus on townhouses given that anyone looking to develop a big land parcel will be scared by the oversupply.

vbplease likes this.
  20. Whitecat

Agree with you that your foresight was accurate. I didn't feel a boom coming like the hype on here suggested.
    But looking forward I disagree with you. Long run relative price stays stable across capitals and Brisbane is too low in that regard. I think its the best place to invest at the moment given the massive infrastructure coming.
    Where do you consider a better option looking forward? Brisbane and Melbourne have finished or are coming off booms. And BNE economy is much more optimistic than any of the other State capitals.