Brisbane buyers agent

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Hei, 23rd Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hei

Hei Member

Hi
    New here and looking for an IP in Brisbane
    Budget around 400-500k, positive cash flow preferred
    Can you please hit me up with buyers agent that you’ve used and would like to recommend. I am based in Sydney which makes inspections difficult and also not very familiar with areas etc
    My reading so far suggests stuff around Bracken ridge
    Would love to hear your comments

Currently hold an Ip in Waterloo Sydney and it’s not doing too well both capital growth and cash flow
    Should I sell and move on?

2. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

Hei and Sackie like this.
  3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

+1 for AA

Us yiur Waterloo place a unit ?

Ta

Rolf

4. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Another vote for Karen at property Zest, used her twice and also moved one of them over to their property management arm (very impressed with that also so far).

Hei likes this.
  5. Hei

Hei Member

Yes it’s a 2 br unit and had it for 3 years as it was off plan, probably will only break even now if I sell it

6. Rolf Latham

wow

I would have hoped that a 5 year old sale would have picked up same "tail wind" in the rmarket

do you have any extractable equity ?

ta
    rolf

Hei likes this.
  7. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

I've had clients use both Karen and Andrew - all have been pleased.

Cheers

Jamie

Hei likes this.
  8. PropertyHawk

PropertyHawk Member

Hi Hei,
    I believe Brisbane, and the greater S.E Qld area has some really good pockets with nice growth and some tricky areas too. Brackenridge has had moderate growth according to both realestate.com.au and residex, not sure if it will continue. As a method of prediction I like the philosophy of this article by hot spotting http://bit.ly/2F8x8P7 which says increased sales activity is the most likely indicator of increased capital growth. On the North side the whole Moreton Bay Area has had a lot of activity, In the South you have Logan/Ripley areas seeing lots of activity and growth. Not sure of your Waterloo IP- it's so close to the city and in the next few years work will commence on turning all the high rise housing commission into much more attractive development so that could really add value to your IP. Hope that helps

Joseph33 and Hei like this.
  9. retire@45

retire@45 Well-Known Member

As another option have a look at Looking For A Buyers Agent In Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne? I haven't bought through Ben but have some very good chats which have led me to buying in Brisbane, have also recommended two friends who have used him as a BA and been very happy. I do use their PM services for 3 properties in Brisbane and couldn't be happier.

Hei likes this.
  10. RS Gumby

RS Gumby Well-Known Member

Pumped on Property for North
    Simon L for South

Toby, Tom Rivera, Simon L and 2 others like this.
  11. Hei

Hei Member

Not really! Which is why I’m wondering if there is any point to hold it longer

12. Hei

Hei Member

Thank you! Very interesting way of looking at it

13. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

I have clients used both, they are happy with both. :)

Toby, JacM, Simon L and 1 other person like this.
  14. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

We have had a number of clients work with @Andrew Allen who have been very happy

15. Joseph33

Joseph33 Well-Known Member

Nice read :)

16. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

alanyin and Hei like this.
  17. Lisa Kim

Lisa Kim Member

Have you personally used the Pumped on Property? If so, how was your experience?

18. Bayside

Bayside Member

Just be careful of the pricing of the most buyer’s agents though as they are absurdly expensive. If you were to buy one property in lifetime, it probably makes sense to spend $7k-$15k for a BA fee as an additional expense but if you are after multiple properties then it could amount to a ridiculously high expense in total, more so considering that this amount goes out of your savings which could very well be part of the deposit for your next purchase and there is no immediate tax exemption on it. Since I am in the same boat, I have had a few “sessions” with BAs but price has been the main deterrent so far. I know many would argue that the BA expense is fully justified but to me that’s A LOT of hard earned money or may be I am the only poor guy on the boat ;).

I am not saying that BAs don’t add any value. They do and it is a separate discussion all together. All I am mean is that most of them are expensive for the value that they add and there is a serious gap in the market for affordable BA services ($1k-$3k). There is a huge demand but many people like me don’t end up using a BA because of the cost. Unfortunately, currently it is a “take it or leave it” situation but I am sure some people with expertise will pick up this opportunity sooner or later. Being cheaper doesn’t always mean a low quality service or lack of knowledge or expertise though the expensive BAs may argue against this in the defence of their high price tag.

19. Rolf Latham

A commonly held view.............. but generally an opinion based on lack of direct personal experience, OR a lack of empathy for those that cant yet DIY.

Im not a BA, just a numbers based logical business person that has helped a few other people along in various business.

We have a bit more insight than most. We have several BAs as finance clients, across from the value property to the premium property enablers............. you get to know the financials of the businesses really well.

Your implication of a 1 to 3 k fee suggests you want these skilled negotiators and searchers to PAY YOU to work for them.

Assume for a minute the normal fee for BA John Smith is 10 k.

And lets go to the approx middle of your model ( which may have some legs for a restricted service) and say you want that same business to gross 2000, and you expect they can make a living from that.

It means that your view of a typical BA business is that they have a Gross profit of > 80 % :)

80 % GP in a service based business like that MAY be possible for a single operator working out of the boot of their car - maybe - but I so doubt it.

As soon as you add any scaleability to that with staff, offices, resources, tools, etc you are toast.

Its the same old mouldy story as the Selling agents comms, and to a lesser extent our businesses in Broking and Planning. As a generality for these types of industries we dont get paid "too much". Typically, a few % of operators will do well, the majority simply get by............

In a free market economy, if such a cut price service was viable, and would work to provide a quality and full service product - it would already exist, and if it did not , and if folks are so confident that a business model can be done better - get out there and make a killing.

There are people that do provide low cost pseudo BA work..........but, this aint the full service stuff you are probably wanting.

One doesnt get what one doesnt pay for.............

ta
    rolf

Parkzilla, Lindsay_W and Jacque like this.
  20. RS Gumby

RS Gumby Well-Known Member

No I haven't used them as yet but was going to a year ago
    I've spoken to Ben many times and I'm impressed with his knowledge.
    His price is also pretty good