Sports & Fitness Brisbane 2032 Olympics

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Simon Hampel, 21st Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

The ioc have change their requirements recently, to reduce the financial burden on hosts. Events and villages do not need to be held in the "host" city. You might find some of the lower, qualifying matches are held as far away as Sydney

2. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I still don't buy it. I'm happy to be wrong: I don't want the burden of a huge cost blowout. I just can't see something of the scale of the Olympics being delivered within budget. These days a cost blowout of 50-100% would probably be considered tame.

rizzle likes this.
  3. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

The Sydney Olympics was very exciting, even from Brissy. I remember seeing Camaroon play at the Gabba.

It will be fantastic! All we need is another Cathy Freeman to really set it off!

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

In the 2000 Olympics, some of the football events were held in Canberra. I don't know about other venues in other places.

5. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Newcastle will have it's world class hockey centre up and running by then - a lot of the football and rugby can be played in existing stadiums - lucky whomever gets the new skateboard park - and the breakdancing can be held in the Ikea carpark near the cardboard bins

wylie, jaybean and geoffw like this.
  6. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Given that its the 'Summer' Olympics, won't July/Aug be too cold in Brisbane and the GC? I know its warmer than the likes of Syd, but it's not really T-shirt weather. It's hardly balmy that time of year.

Sept/Oct/Nov would've been an ideal time.

7. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Nah, Sydney had ours September in 2000, and we had beautiful weather the whole games. I think July/Aug is Brisbane would be good, a temp of around 18-25 degrees C is very pleasant for most activities.

8. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

It is the olympics.

Then cold countries made winter olympics. Skiing etc.

So summer sports are conducted in the olympics. But it doesn't mean it must be conducted in summer. Whose summer would be chosen anyway.

I blame Bruce macavaney for the confusion, and I welcome his retirement from afl.

9. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Bring in the" bin chicken" games mascot! :D

Clean Cookie likes this.