QLD Bris IP ~750k budget

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Rodpure, 22nd Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rodpure

Rodpure New Member

Hi All,

Looking for a house IP in the Brisbane area hoping to capture some of the growth in the area from the various infra developments (queens wharf, cross river rail, bris metro and 2032 olympics).

Any ideas? I've seen a lot of people recommending suburbs in logan (which is probably where I can only afford at present) but would love to know if there's any other '20 minute suburbs' / 'mid ring suburbs' that I can still afford on this budget. Thanks guys

2. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

I reckon you might be able to just scrape into Geebung, Aspley, or Boondall for that budget, but be quick...might have to be a fixer upperer.

You could also look at Zillmere, on the cheaper side for under $700k. Has some potential in future years.

Would still prefer to invest in BCC areas before Logan area any day.

Never giveup and PinkPanther like this.
  3. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

Out of interest would you recommend Boondall east of Sandgate Road? It benefits from the train station but really isn't a very nice area imo, at least that section of it.

4. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Rochedale South.

5. Headlong

Headlong Well-Known Member

6. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

Yes, some run down places there on that side, and it's right near the Entertainment Centre (possibly Brisbane's biggest concert stadium) so expect loud noises and big crowds streaming in/out of the stadium during events when the worst of Covid is over.

Closer to the station or train line obviously will be dodgier, like any suburb. Would want to check flood maps carefully too.

For me that side would be a pass..