Brain's Trust - Can you please help me with Realistic build cost?

Discussion in 'Development' started by Archaon, 6th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Help, please?

I'm thinking of working towards building this granny-flat I designed, and potentially sub-dividing in the future, what would be a reasonable cost to build it, including/excluding site costs?

Contours.JPG Downstairs.JPG Upstairs and 3d Model.JPG Elevations.JPG

Ideally I would like to custom build and push the garage towards the existing property to make it a true double and give more of an entry area, and go for a bigger design with 3 bedrooms upstairs with Kitchen/living/dining downstairs.

Also if you have any similiar townhouses that you have done, and how much they cost, that could fit on a 9.1m wide block, that would be incredible!

Let me know your thoughts, will really help me determine whether this is viable or not!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Arc

@Westminster @Tufan Chakir @Brady @Sackie @Anthony416 @MTR

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

That would cost around low to mid $200k to build in Perth. I can't see sizes very well but I'm estimating it might be around 140sqm?

thatbum likes this.
  3. Archaon

Thanks Myf, its 120m2, about 60m2 up and downstairs.

4. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

Why are you building it as a granny flat? If the eventual intention is to have it as a dual occupancy and to meet the requirements of that I would design it that way. Way better than the design provided in my opinion (which you have done to comply with granny flat laws). Assuming you have to keep the dimensions close to whats provided I think you could fit a 3/2/1

Dixon Homes - Meet Our Fans - usually only mark up around 10% extra for site costs. I think you could still do better in terms of design and prices (if not price quality as Dixon is quiet basic)

5. Archaon

Maximum upstairs width would be 6.7m

6. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

It workable easily. Use thin cladding and 70mm frames on the upper storey (may also save costs on construction as the requirements of beams are less)

Should be able to get internals bit over 6m which would allow you to have 2 rooms in column at 3m each on each end.

Then again I have no idea where you are building and target market (if its ocean view then id probably want living areas upstairs etc)

7. Archaon

Telarah.

I've looked at alot of builders and haven't found a design to suit, some have come close though.

8. gach2

gach2 Well-Known Member

just get a drafty to draft one up

Who did the ones you posted

9. Archaon

Any suggestions for a drafty? And perhaps a competant town planner around the maitland/newcastle area?