Boondall or Bridgeman Downs

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Syd Investor, 17th Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Syd Investor

Syd Investor Active Member

Hello everybody. I have narrowed my search down to these 2 suburbs. Both approximately 14km from Brisbane CBD and both have their pros and some minor cons. If you have around $600K - $650K budget where would you purchase if you had to select 1 of these suburbs?

I appreciate your feedback.

2. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

Hey these suburbs are very different propositions. What narrowed it to these? Maybe there are others not considered.

3. Nattl3s

Nattl3s Well-Known Member

I live in Aspley, on the border of Bridgeman Downs. Very different suburbs. Bridgeman downs is more ‘blue chip’ than Boondal. I havent looked at Boondal prices but I would think you could get more land/house in Boondal. $650k would be a starting price in Bridgeman Downs. Saw one for $650k about a month ago but it really was in need of serious reno. Was looking at PPOR.

4. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Also very interested to know your reasoning behind these 2 suburbs, investment or PPoR? bridgeman has quite a few new builds & a lot of new land near by, $650k in Boondall gets you a big new home on a big block.

If for investment I would argue there’s at least half a dozen suburbs worth spending $650k in well before these 2

5. Syd Investor

Thanks for the replies. I have been looking at the northern corridor for sometime. I was close to purchasing at Bracken Ridge a year or so ago. Boondall or there abouts I was narrowing down on for the following reasons:
    zero supply of new housing and not new developments forecast in the medium term that I can see
    2 biggest employment hubs in Brisbane (CBD and the Trade Coast)
    Close to Nudgee college
    vacancy rate is very low
    Close to train lines, entertainment centre, chermside, airport etc etc
    House prices in neighbouring suburbs are higher etc etc
    Price circa $600K only

As for Bridgeman Downs I was put on to that by a somebody I know that lives in Brisbane but the more I look at it the less appealing this is looking

6. Syd Investor

@ codie would be interested in hearing some others that you prefer. Cheers for the input

7. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

These are good reasons to consider Boondall. Plus ACU.

Perhaps your friend in Brisbane knows nothing about investments and suggested Bridgeman Downs as a "nice place to live". There are several new housing estates in BD so it is well advertised. There are more acreage and ex farm properties to be developed in the future.

Codie and Syd Investor like this.
  8. Vanillascent

Vanillascent Well-Known Member

Boondall has been good to me in equity growth over the last 5 years. It’s a solid area and close to everything. I wouldn’t buy near the school (ie in that direct street or 500m radius) as the parents park over driveways and on your footpath when sporting events are on and if it’s an investment property you are after you will find it hard to keep tenants given that issue. There are town houses being built down near the bicentennial way roundabout on the old farms there so maybe avoid that direct area too. They are upgrading the train stations in Boondall and are doing large works on the environmental center there too. Bridgeman downs is nice too but a lot of the old housing blocks are starting to be subdivided and there is a lack of transport other than buses which are apparently very unreliable.

Syd Investor likes this.
  9. luckyone

luckyone Well-Known Member

Boondall all the way. The train line wins for me. Buses are a pain if you work in the city

Angel and Syd Investor like this.
  10. Peninsula Property

Peninsula Property Well-Known Member

Personally I would change Bridgeman downs to Brighton.

$600K gets you into Brighton , close to waterfront, close to rail, just under 20km from CBD , close to airport. High PPOR 80/20 split. Easy access to Redcliffe via the bridges.