Health & Family Blood sucking surgeons

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 14th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Bran. He's doing well. What a relief. :)

Dan Donoghue, geoffw, Bran and 4 others like this.
  2. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

I didn't choose, it just happened that the colonoscoper performed the colonoscopy there and then referred me to a colorectal surgeon whom also worked there, I was just lucky but I did my research on the place before the surgery and was very satisfied with what I found out. I had every right to opt out and find another surgeon if I chose.

I had Dr Sanjay Adusumilli, he is only a young bloke but a great surgeon who spends time every year in underprivileged countries performing life surgeries, ultimately the thing I wanted in a surgeon, was someone who cared :).

The money didn't really feature that much in the decision making process, it was something we discussed but health is more important than wealth, the fact that it was gapless was just a massive plus.

If I need any further surgeries whilst we live in Sydney I will be pushing to go back to HSS.

BigKahuna and jins13 like this.
  3. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

Thanks Jacque, Yeah HSS was awesome, the staff were nothing short of amazing :), we are almost there, only 11 weeks to go and I don't see it as being particularly difficult at this stage, today is the start of round 6 of 8 of Chemo but the Oncologist has taken me off the IV (it's the IV that hurts me and makes me feel dreadful), I am still on the Chemo pills but they just make me feel a little sick and I have anti nausea pills to manage that.

The Onc will review in 2 weeks and decide if we bother with the IV for the last 2 rounds or not.

The reason he has taken me off the IV is because the main side effect is nerve damage. He is concerned that if he blasts me once more the nerve damage I have will get to a level that takes years to come back from rather than months.

It doesn't feel too bad, it's like a numbness in my fingers and feet all the time, as it gets colder it moves from numbness to pain and hypersensitivity, the tongue feels like its burnt and the gums hurt...... I guess ache is a better word than hurt.

It's not debilitating and I simply wear gloves all the time to combat the numbness in my fingers (it hurts like hell if I have my hands in direct air con or I put them in cold water).

I'm working full time through this process, my company are very understanding of any time off I need but I need to work in order to get through this, I need my life to be business as usual :).

Westminster, jins13 and wylie like this.
  4. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

That's the thing, some doctors actually do a lot of pro bono work but this doesn't get mentioned at all. One of my colleague's daughter had a number of health appointments in the states and the amount she had to pay.......jeez

Westminster likes this.