Technology & Social Media Blog

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 29th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

In the last couple of months I have just started up a photography website/blog that I'm in the process of adding content to.

Photography is my other passion so the plan is to add more to the galleries (still have over 120,000 photos to sift through) and hopefully sell prints. I'll also blog semi-regularly about my photography related adventures with how I did what I did to get what I got but that's mainly because I enjoy writing and if people gain something from it then even better!

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

BTW.....what type of merchandise is she sellings....congrats to your wife

3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

this is great information, can you proof read my blog:p

I want to have fun with this, at the same time I am technically challenged, I will persevere

care to share a link, blog

4. bashworth

bashworth Well-Known Member

Sure PM me and I will give you an email address

MTR likes this.
  5. Mick Butterfield

Mick Butterfield Well-Known Member

We had some clothing items made up and are looking at getting a few other things in the near future. This was never a matter of making money though. IT is more so to help others get through what my wife has had to go through. The sales just help us to keep on doing it.

MTR and Perthguy like this.
  6. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

@MTR did you ever start your blog? I’m thinking about having a crack at one and found this old thread.

@Snowball any tips from running your own (excellent) blog? (Strong Money Australia for those who haven’t stopped by folks)

7. Snowball

Snowball Well-Known Member

No magic to it really. Here’s some thoughts...

1. Wordpress is a great platform to start a site and not too hard (or costly) to get started. Even if you have no clue what you’re doing with tech like me. Like anything there is a learning curve, but for a simple blog it’s quite easy to get up and running.

2. Make it about a topic that you’re really passionate about. Otherwise you’ll run out of things to say and motivation. Sit down and brainstorm for a few hours. If you can’t think of at least a couple dozen articles you want to write, then that’s probably not a good sign.

3. If the goal is to make money, choose a different hobby. Seriously! The amount of hours that go into it is massive if you (try to) create consistent content that is useful and enjoyable for others. But if it’s more for personal enjoyment and you’re happy even if nobody reads it then that’s totally fine.

4. Like with investing, don’t worry about trying to know everything up front. Learn as you go and you’ll get better at writing over time. Hell I still feel like I’m mostly winging it haha :D

Hope that’s useful!

Heinz57 likes this.
  8. BunnyXiao

BunnyXiao Well-Known Member

She has all the dope on it: