blocked ORG

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by deezee, 5th May, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. deezee

deezee Well-Known Member

Hi members,

My PM's plumber removed the blockage from my IP's laundry ORG, then advised complete replacement and quoted $3905.

My tenant said all's good now and they are not having any more blockages.

I do not know how the tree roots got into my ORG, since there are no trees within the vicinity.

Question is : Is it necessary to have complete ORG replacement ? Or, I can wait and see if there is further blockage first ?

Attached Files:

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Some trees have incredibly long roots.

3. DoubleWood

DoubleWood New Member

That price sounds about right, one of my tenants recently reported blocked drain in the laundry. We had someone to came out and unblock it earlier this year, but it has happened again. So I’m getting the plumber to replace the damaged pipe that caused by the tree roots…. If it’s not done then they will have this reoccurring problem. It could cost more if the plumbers need to do any excavation and then re do the concrete. My sister paid about $10k for relining the pipe for two drains plus some excavation.

I was able to be there and see the live footage of pipeline. Try and be there if you can because it’s a lot of money after all and you want to make sure that they do everything right.